Good news...it's going to be a COLD winter...get your wood together!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, about an hour away. Eh. ;)
I`m about 1 hour northeast of Ottawa. I saw the lightning show last night, South of us. I could see some pretty bad cells on the radar. Hope you guys made out ok.

No problems here with the storm. Never lost power. Good show though. I sat in my recliner near the window, had a cold beer and watch and listened to the lightening and thunder. Nice. I usually will go right out on the covered porch when a good storm is hitting us but I was too lazy last night. ;lol

Reactions: Laurent Cyr
Reactions: rdust
;lol;lol;lol
This cracked me up.
Glad I'm not the only one who caught that. So many people here, who complain when it's 85 degrees outside, claim keep their house at 85 in the winter. I can hear, "... but the humidity..." now, but it just seems crazy to me, having a house that hot in winter.

Reactions: Realstone and rdust
Glad I'm not the only one who caught that. So many people here, who complain when it's 85 degrees outside, claim keep their house at 85 in the winter. I can hear, "... but the humidity..." now, but it just seems crazy to me, having a house that hot in winter.

Meh, the humidity does play a HUGE factor into it, for me at least, hell i need to run the A/C if its 65 and 99% humid cause ill sweat and wont be able to sleep. Nothing beats being able to walk out of -10 degree cold into a house thats 85 and dry and not having to worry about a $$$$ oil bill!

Reactions: BillLion

Winter or summer I try to keep the house at a similar temp. A/C set at 74* in the summer and keep the house in the low 70's with the stove.(stove room being warmer) If I didn't mind the electric bill from the A/C I would also keep the t-stat set to 70-72 during the summer.

;lol;lol;lol
This cracked me up.

I figured I would get that kind of response, but the humidity is a tremendous factor for me. I keep the A/C set at 80 which is just enough to remove the humidity from the house plus I run a dehumidifier at 40%. Now of course if I had to use the heat pump all winter or burn oil or propane there is no way I could afford to keep it that hot.

Here in the south 80 is not cool buff to revive all humidity. The air barely runs set on 80 and I live I'm SC in a barely insulated house. Today its 90 and I bet my air would not run 15 mins a day set at 80!

Some of you guys like your rooms too warm for me. We keep our upstairs (bedrooms) at about 67 or so. I sleep better like that. Then the downstairs about 70, I would prefer 68. I could not stand it to have my living room be 80. Anything above 73 and I am out of there.

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.