Good news! Sort of...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
After much studying, networking, and good old-fashioned schmoozing, I finish grad school in August and work has decided they may have a use for a guy like me in charge of a facility!

<<wait for it>>....
.;

in Phoenix.
Yes, Phoenix, Arizona.
Where people pay to take vacations to places where people have wood stoves. :(

Reactions: Gark
And people that have wood stoves pay to take vacations there to get away from them. ;lol

congrats and good luck
Arizona where it gets 130 degrees in the summer............
but its a dry heat
haha
did you ever solve your arm tube problem??

Wood fired air condtioners?

congrats and good luck
Arizona where it gets 130 degrees in the summer............
but its a dry heat
haha
did you ever solve your arm tube problem??

I did! Ran into a fellow at school who is a metal fabrication guy, so he hooked me up with 4' of 6061 aluminum rod. Now I just have to get the time to fabricate it.

Ummm....its really really hot down there in the summer. Really. A (kind of) brother in law is a foreman for a precast company down there. During the summer months they work at night, instead of daytime.

And congrats if you choose to take the job.

contrabulations on your studies, and be careful out there in AZ. Heavy UFO traffic out that way. Stock up on tinfoil......for hats of course.

contrabulations on your studies, and be careful out there in AZ. Heavy UFO traffic out that way. Stock up on tinfoil......for hats of course.
Yep, they wear out. Can never have too many tin-foil hats. And, tin-foil.
I admire those who've gone through that much school. Takes real dedication and perseverance. Good luck with whatever path you choose.
Just make sure that when you get to the fork in the road, to take it.:cool:

Reactions: Gark
Congrats! My little brother lives in Phoenix and loves it. The good news is that your wood will season much quicker...and you won't need much!

Congratulations bluedogz. A major accomplishment. Keep us up to date on what happens.

Congrats.

Awesome, a new vacation destination! '-)

Congrats on the education, from a guy who took "a year off" from college 22 years ago. My sister in law is in Scottsdale. It does get cool at night in the winter. It even snows in Northern AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.