Good News...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
Finally found a use for my Green Supreme's! IMG_0636.JPG

Open the bag, Carry out to the field and dump the contents. Bring the bag back and use it for my empty beer containers!

Bad News...Had to buy a few more bags of pellets!

IMG_0638.JPG

I take green supreme's are not so pretty good?

Recycling. ;) nice...... At least they are good for something. I still think they are one of the cleaner burning pellets (20 bags I burned) in my Quad.

How many you have left? I have been "mixing" my Easy Heats (saved some/ didn't give every bag to Dad) with Presto's or Somersets and Corn (about 10%-20% corn, 50% Presto or Set's, 30%-40% Easy Heats). I gotta tell ya, its pretty damn hot.

I put my T/C up for the year. As well as cleaned the Fahrenheit and let the Woodstove go cold. The Quad has still seen almost 70% of all heating needs this Winter. Just because of the warm temps. Only run the Fahrenheit about 30° or cooler. Below 25°-20° is best, so it cycles and doesn't idle on 1 all day.

Have you been lookin for any deals? Normally some good ones to be had. I bought 9 ton within 2 months and all were under $190 (7 of them under $177).

Recycling. ;) nice...... At least they are good for something. I still think they are one of the cleaner burning pellets (20 bags I burned) in my Quad.

How many you have left? I have been "mixing" my Easy Heats (saved some/ didn't give every bag to Dad) with Presto's or Somersets and Corn (about 10%-20% corn, 50% Presto or Set's, 30%-40% Easy Heats). I gotta tell ya, its pretty damn hot.

I put my T/C up for the year. As well as cleaned the Fahrenheit and let the Woodstove go cold. The Quad has still seen almost 70% of all heating needs this Winter. Just because of the warm temps. Only run the Fahrenheit about 30° or cooler. Below 25°-20° is best, so it cycles and doesn't idle on 1 all day.

Have you been lookin for any deals? Normally some good ones to be had. I bought 9 ton within 2 months and all were under $190 (7 of them under $177).

I'm hoping to keep the garage pellet free for the summer months, So I have not been looking for any deals. If you find one, let me know as my plan can be revised! All I have left are in the picture, just bought the 10 Magic Sparks at Menard's on Sunday. The suprise is, for one reason or another, they seem to burn way better than the Pro-Pellets for me, seem equal to or better than the Somerset's.

The Green Supreme's just didn't seem to burn well for me, Big A$$ clinkers and not alot of heat, could be a rookie mistake with the feed and combustion trim settings, Who knows...When in doubt, Hate the "pellet" not the player!!

What Menards are the Sparks at (Sandusky or Massillon)? They can probbe had for $175 like the Somersets (when on sale anyways).

Pro Pellet seems to have a very consistent fiber, but thats not to say that the Sparks made that day, were just a "lil better" ;)

Just got a couple Logs delivered yesterday. So I will be a lil busy the next few weeks. (Terrible pic. The Wife snapped this one from her phone, at the house)

Attachments

• 2012-04-239519-40-409553.jpg
    2012-04-239519-40-409553.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 117
What Menards are the Sparks at (Sandusky or Massillon)? They can probbe had for $175 like the Somersets (when on sale anyways).

Pro Pellet seems to have a very consistent fiber, but thats not to say that the Sparks made that day, were just a "lil better" ;)

Just got a couple Logs delivered yesterday. So I will be a lil busy the next few weeks. (Terrible pic. The Wife snapped this one from her phone, at the house)

You sure know how to keep yourself busy... Do you know anyone that sells slab wood cheap??

Are you going to produce pellets from the dust? Nice load that will keep you out of trouble for awhile.:p

Reactions: DexterDay
Are you going to produce pellets from the dust? Nice load that will keep you out of trouble for awhile.:p

I figure within the next year or so Mad Dog will have set up an entire pellet making plant set up, I will offer to work for free as a quality control person (official tester) and never have to buy another pellet. Truth be told, I most likely won't have to work at all, just show up with a case of cold ones and leave with a trailer load of pellets! ;)

You sure know how to keep yourself busy... Do you know anyone that sells slab wood cheap??

My next door neighbor is Amish and they run a Saw Mill. Im pretty sure I could get it pretty cheap. If you ever need any, just holler. Are you looking for whole length slabs? Or cut to length firewood?

As for the pellet mill.. I can get tons of sawdust from next door. They sell it to farmers, but get so much at times they have to burn it. They run 2 mills. A large cutting operation and just started up there "thin line". They started producing 100% oak slats for a pallet manufacturer. There big mill cant cut down to 1/2". That mill produces 100% Oak sawdust. The other mill is a mix. Depends on what they run that day.

If I ever bought a pellet mill, you would he more than welcome to help ;)

Reactions: Defiant

How do you find time to do so much? Seeing that pile of tree length logs brought back memories when I was cutting up a load of logs. Made a mistake and the pile started rolling apart. I tossed the saw, quickly retreated stepping back, slipped on a peice of wood, fell backward landing and breaking my butt on another cut log. Couldn't sit right for the rest of that summer! I laugh at that now. Could have been a whole lot worse.
You have a nice place there. Looks like you are a few weeks ahead of us, and we are a few weeks ahead of our usual spring.

Ah, a toothpick delivery.

Enjoy, my logging operations are simple thinning ones, frequently done with lopping shears and a small limbing saw.

This past Saturday I used Bear mode and pushed over a twenty five footer.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
How do you find time to do so much? Seeing that pile of tree length logs brought back memories when I was cutting up a load of logs. Made a mistake and the pile started rolling apart. I tossed the saw, quickly retreated stepping back, slipped on a peice of wood, fell backward landing and breaking my butt on another cut log. Couldn't sit right for the rest of that summer! I laugh at that now. Could have been a whole lot worse.
You have a nice place there. Looks like you are a few weeks ahead of us, and we are a few weeks ahead of our usual spring.
Busy, Busy, Busy.... Hard to find time for a break. Between work, work at home, and work the Wife needs done..... !!

My yard still has one wet spot in it.... Argh. Planted a Willow there last year. Gonna plant a couple more and just let it go (make some type of island/garden there, so I don't have to cut it)

Attachments

• 2012-04-23_19-40-10_404.jpg
    2012-04-23_19-40-10_404.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 127
Busy, Busy, Busy.... Hard to find time for a break. Between work, work at home, and work the Wife needs done..... !!

My yard still has one wet spot in it.... Argh. Planted a Willow there last year. Gonna plant a couple more and just let it go (make some type of island/garden there, so I don't have to cut it)

I planted a couple of Willows a few years ago, but sad to say they didn't do well and ended up in the fire pit!!

Watch out. Those willows are very messy. Yes, they bend, but worse yet, they break easily with the weight of snow and ice. They like to grow near water but not in standing water. I can only think of some brush that likes wet roots. Maybe that would be a good spot for a fish pond!

Watch out. Those willows are very messy. Yes, they bend, but worse yet, they break easily with the weight of snow and ice. They like to grow near water but not in standing water. I can only think of some brush that likes wet roots. Maybe that would be a good spot for a fish pond!
My Pond is within close proximity. Thats half the problem. Keeps our water table high. So the low spots are pretty wet.

I have several Willows now. But they all came from one Big one (branches/sprig)

The big Willow is in the upper left corner, by the left side of the Pond. Just got done Fishing out there. We had a Fishing outing for the Boy Scouts here tonight. Made a fire and had Smores... Ummmm

Attachments

• 2012-04-01_13-12-55_317.jpg
    2012-04-01_13-12-55_317.jpg
    690.8 KB · Views: 94
What kind of fish are in the pond?

Sounds like a chowda to me!:)

Should have known you already have a pond. Outstanding that among all your other efforts that you have time to work with the Scouts. I did that when my boys were young. It really means alot.

Should have known you already have a pond. Outstanding that among all your other efforts that you have time to work with the Scouts. I did that when my boys were young. It really means alot.
We have Scouts every Tuesday (going to Museum in Dayton on Saturday / 4 hrs away) also have baseball on Mon, Thurs, and Sat (not this Sat/half the baseball team is in Scouts).

I have very little time to relax. Lots of time spent doing my Sons activities. But he is almost 11 amd when I am done with his functions, my daughter will be involved in everything (11 months now).

Its a great time though. Im not head coach for baseball, but still coach and help out. I have to work some Saturdays, so I cant be the Head Coach. Wish I could. Also the events for Scouts at our house work out nice. Lots of space to roam and camp, fish, and plenty of firewood!!

Status
Not open for further replies.