good options for installation in Dutchess County, NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecth

Oct 29, 2008
Lagrangeville, NY
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on purchasing a Pacific Energy wood stove, but I haven't found a lot of options for installation around here (Dutchess County, NY). I wouldn't be afraid to do it myself in principle, but the stove is extremely heavy, and I'm also uncertain about details of fittings, spacing, etc. for going through second floor closet and roof with the stove pipe. Much of that I could probably look up; but at this point it really seems better to have someone else install it, as much as I would hate to waste a lot of money on labor.

So far I'm not aware of anyone who will install a stove other than the dealer I buy it from. This will likely have to be Heat Revival in Pleasant Valley or Home & Hearth in Cortlandt Manor. However, I'm not convinced that they will be able to install the stove in a timely fashion (I'll be waiting long enough for the thing to get here in the first place), or more importantly, that they won't overcharge me for parts and labor.

I would feel better if I could shop around for installation and keep that separate from the purchase. On the other hand, are there advantages to having the dealer install the stove?

Welcome. You might check around to see if there are qualified chimney sweeps that do installations. Get references for similar work and if possible, take a look at their workmanship.

I live in Dutchess County as well. I dont know anything about the PV dealer. The Cortlandt Manor store has a very good reputation but I'm not sure how interested they would be in coming up here to do the install. I am in process of buying/installing a Fireplace Xtrordinaire through Sigma-Tremblay in Wappingers - thus far they have been extremely responsive and easy to deal with. I dont know if they carry that brand or not.
Personally, I would have it professionally installed by the dealer I bought it from...but thats just me.

I had the same problem in Ulster County. Everyone I spoke to during the heating season wanted to install their own sale. I ended up doing it myself.

Scanning the Penny Saver this morning and saw and ad for installing Pellet, Wood, Coal and Gas Stoves. I have no info on this guy but thought you might be interested
Call Steve at 914-469-3517

Status
Not open for further replies.