Good Pellet Stove and Dealer in Hudson Valley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adambrowne24

Sep 15, 2009
Hi,
I am new here and will be purchasing my first pellet stove soon. I was set on a Harmon P38 until the dealer upped the agrred upon price $400 when I called to place the order. Then I found a nice used Harman Accentra on craigslist that the owner sold the day before I was to pick it up. Maybe a Harman is not meant to be lol.
I am heating a studio apartment (480 sq feet). The apartment has a cathedral ceiling about 12ft high and skylights so I lose a lot of heat from there. At this point I am open to different stoves and any dealers that can be suggested. I'm tired of being ripped off by the propane company to the tune of monthly gas bills in the $600 range to heat the space to 70 degrees. Its my understanding that 2 tons of pellets will get me through the winter so between the fuel savings and rebate a pellet stove is a no brainer. I do not want wood, spent 10 years with a wood stove as my only heat and really disliked it.
I've been on this board all week learning about different stoves but not sure which way to go. Maybe if I check out a good local dealer I'll get somewhere.
Thanks
adam

Forget the name right now but a small shop on Rte 44 in Pleasant Valley near West Rd. Its tucked in alongside the right side of a restaurant I think. He sells QuadraFire & another place I visited was why over in Middletown - Chimney Sweep Corp had Harmans

Found it
Heat Revival
Rt 44 Box 548
Pleasant Valley , NY 12569 US
845-635-3132

I won't comment on how good they are as I didn't buy my stove from them, just parts (they did seem to always have what I needed in stock), just info about what they sell & location:

NorthStar Energy
1657 Rt 211 East
Middletown, NY

845-692-6701

They sell Avalon & Lopi

Purchased mine at Best Fire in Colonie NY (Albany area). Good experience.

I purchase my Quadrafire MT AE from the following place:

Luhr's Ace Hardware
475 Route 6 and 209
Milford, PA 18337-7609
(570) 296-7012

They were the lowest cost and the most professional dealer I dealt with during the scurry to buy pellet stoves last year. I highly recommend them.

The name of the shop in pleasant valley is Heat Revival. Very knowledgable, been selling stoves and accessories for over 20 years. Bill Wing owns and operates.

Schoondog

Status
Not open for further replies.