1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Good price on an ms192?

Post in 'The Gear' started by bigbarf48, May 23, 2013.

1. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    I found a MINT MS192 on CL for $190. Seemed like a good deal to me. The guy says its only cut a few branches and I believe it based on the pictures. I see my dealer has them new from 300-320 depending on bar length. I suppose I dont reallllly need a top handle saw but is this as good of a price as I think it is?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Michael Golden

Michael Golden Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Cambridge, Ohio
    That's a really good price! If its in that good of shape get.....those little saws are handy.
    ScotO likes this.
  3. Jack Fate

Jack Fate Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    Paid $279 3-4 yrs ago ,but they cut me a deal on the heavier duty bar (one found on the 20? model) I really like this saw & use it more than I should .:confused: Thing is light. If it blew up tomorrow I'd have another real quick like.
    The standard bar & picco chain work very well
    Did have oiler problem last year ,turned out the oil line ,pick up side was cracked. easy fix

Cheers

& it's been a real good starter
    ScotO likes this.
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Paid $125 for mine. That was a smoking deal.

If its in good shape, grab it. I always try and bargain. Ask for $150? Then go up.. :)

image.jpg
    ScotO likes this.
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

If the bar length is the same, it will share bars/chains with your MS170.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I'd be ALL OVER that thing for 190 bucks.....but like Dexter said, send him a lowball offer.....you never know he may bite, if he needs quick cash!
  7. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    It's got a 12" bar but good to know they can switch back and forth, I was wondering. I'm gonna go check it out when I get back in town. Maybe I can grab it or 175!