1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Good price on an ms192?

Post in 'The Gear' started by bigbarf48, May 23, 2013.

1. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    I found a MINT MS192 on CL for $190. Seemed like a good deal to me. The guy says its only cut a few branches and I believe it based on the pictures. I see my dealer has them new from 300-320 depending on bar length. I suppose I dont reallllly need a top handle saw but is this as good of a price as I think it is?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Michael Golden

Michael Golden Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Cambridge, Ohio
    That's a really good price! If its in that good of shape get.....those little saws are handy.
    ScotO likes this.
  3. Jack Fate

Jack Fate Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    Paid $279 3-4 yrs ago ,but they cut me a deal on the heavier duty bar (one found on the 20? model) I really like this saw & use it more than I should .:confused: Thing is light. If it blew up tomorrow I'd have another real quick like.
    The standard bar & picco chain work very well
    Did have oiler problem last year ,turned out the oil line ,pick up side was cracked. easy fix

Cheers

& it's been a real good starter
    ScotO likes this.
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Paid $125 for mine. That was a smoking deal.

If its in good shape, grab it. I always try and bargain. Ask for $150? Then go up.. :)

image.jpg
    ScotO likes this.
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

If the bar length is the same, it will share bars/chains with your MS170.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I'd be ALL OVER that thing for 190 bucks.....but like Dexter said, send him a lowball offer.....you never know he may bite, if he needs quick cash!
  7. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    It's got a 12" bar but good to know they can switch back and forth, I was wondering. I'm gonna go check it out when I get back in town. Maybe I can grab it or 175!