Good saturday work load or two pic's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbunzx

Feb 25, 2010
Forreston IL
Had a good start on saturday, up and out the door by 8:00 turned the splitter off at 4:30. Got the first load cut back to house and split by 2:00 (with 30 minutes for lunch) and back for the second load. Didn't have it in me two split the second load. But this is how I use the dump trailer two help in the splitting. Split and set on tailgate then stack, never touching the ground. That is cooper my son's redbone. I have to tie him up when he goes to the timber you turn around and he will be on the hunt.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 681
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 641
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 650
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 659
Nice pics. Great setup. Less bending over the better, thats for sure.

That is a very nice load of wood!

Beautiful redbone and nice load of wood.
If that hound is anything like my neighbors he'll sound the foghorn to let you know where he's at.

Lots of work right there. Especially cutting, loading, and splitting on the same day.

xbunzx said:
Had a good start on saturday, up and out the door by 8:00 turned the splitter off at 4:30. Got the first load cut back to house and split by 2:00 (with 30 minutes for lunch) and back for the second load. Didn't have it in me two split the second load. But this is how I use the dump trailer two help in the splitting. Split and set on tailgate then stack, never touching the ground. That is cooper my son's redbone. I have to tie him up when he goes to the timber you turn around and he will be on the hunt.

Nice load of wood xbunzx, what type is it? What gives you a better workout, chasing the dog or the wood? :snake:

zap

That's a good load xbun. I do the same operation with my trailer as well on occasion. Makes less work for sure. :)

i'm trying to convince my wife how much i neeeeed a dump trailer.

Good idea using the trailer.
The cradle beam on the splitter is real user friendly splitting like that.
Nice loads of wood, nice hound (& nice weather )

Looks like a very productive day! Nice oak and dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.