Good sized rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

illenema

Apr 22, 2015
Las vegas nv
Check this out 48"? rounds.jpg

Holy cats that's huge!!! Now here's a dumb question-I'm the right guy to ask it ha ha-but how do you make a cut on something that enormous without your chain hitting the ground and dulling it, especially with a saw that big? How do you keep the chain off the ground when you are making the final stages of the cut?

Looks like they cut halfway through, turn it over, then cut the other half... if they have a log like that, they probably have heavy machinery close by

I wonder who picks the saw chips out of his socks and boots. Cutting in shorts...

I am still trying to figure out how they could be called "rounds". >>

I didn't even know they made bars that big

I'm trying to figure out who in San Diego buys firewood... I lived there for a few years a while back, don't ever remember being cold. We used to have pallet bonfires on the beach though, those were fun :)

Yes that looks just like some the fallen branches we get over here .........;)

without your chain hitting the ground and dulling it, especially with a saw that big?

If the ground is flat, you keep the power head (as in the base of the crank case) parallel with the ground. If you do this the chain will always be out of the dirt. You can literally cut till you set the chainsaw on the ground. I even use this method on my puny 25" bar.

Last edited:
If the ground is flat, you keep the power head parallel with the ground. If you do this the chain will always be out of the dirt. You can literally cut till you set the chainsaw on the ground. I even use this method on my puny 25" bar.

They have so many different types of trees out there they supply surrounding states by the semi load
I'm trying to figure out who in San Diego buys firewood... I lived there for a few years a while back, don't ever remember being cold. We used to have pallet bonfires on the beach though, those were fun :)

They have such a side variety of trees the truck shipments all over

Status
Not open for further replies.