Good story on Northeast Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Res5cue said:
Couldnt figure out how to embed the video, but here is the link.

Great story, and good news for you people up in Maine. Anyone burn his pellets?

bobm33 said:
awesome story. that was maine?

Yes, the TV station was out of Portland.....ooops, I mean the Web Station on the computer.

Very neat video. I have this fantasy about starting a pellet plant. Where do you even BEGIN to sort through that process?

No yellow "pellet making for dummies" book out there yet.

Quite an investment.

That was a good story!
I found a dealer for these pellets 5 miles from my house.
I put my name in for 4 tons. She said deliveries are every other week.
$295/ton

macman said:
lessoil said:
...She said deliveries are every other week.
$295/ton

Price seems high for that area.....anyone else agree/disagree?

Yes it is high.
All dealers in this are are about the same.
Hopefully next year and beyond prices/availability will settle down.
Burning pellets is a long-term commitment not just for this coming Winter.
Oil is around $3.60/gal here right now.

I got 4 tons this spring.I will have to get 2 more by the end of the year. Burned them all winter last year they are great pellets. I think they are better than the energex or penningtons I have used. They are almost as good as the cosy comforts I can get sometimes.

blanc12 said:
I got 4 tons this spring.I will have to get 2 more by the end of the year. Burned them all winter last year they are great pellets. I think they are better than the energex or penningtons I have used. They are almost as good as the cosy comforts I can get sometimes.

Sounds Good!
I called the distributor this morning.
We should get them in 2-3 weeks.
She told me that they are "Premium" 80% Hardwood 20% Softwood
Anxious to get them in the basement before Old Man Winter knocks on the door.

lessoil said:
...Anxious to get them in the basement before Old Man Winter knocks on the door.

From what I've seen on some of the other threads, old man winter is just about to turn onto your driveway.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.