Good to have fire again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
The service tech came to the house today to have a look at the F600 and as expected the cement between the side panel and rear panel had failed. Took the top off the stove to look at the whole joint, cleaned it out, re-cemented and put the top back on. Something I probably could have done myself, but the stove is only 8 months old. Tech stated that if this does not hold that I may have to have a new stove delivered.

Curious to see if this holds up over the long run, but tonight, I have fire once again!

Good luck on this Remkel. Hope it works out fine and glad you can once more heat the home with wonderful wood heat.

Dang Remi, that's too bad. Glad the temps have been relatively mild here - how long has the old girl been down for? Hope the fix lasts. Cheers!

She was down for about a week and a half. Drove me insane to hear that darn boiler burning away for that time! Stove has been running fine since they came, heard a little air leak in the flue pipe, but a small adjustment to the securing screws seems to have fixed that. Yes, I am hoping that this " fix" holds if not for anything to keep my wife quiet about the whole thing:)

Enjoy the snow!

That's good Remi - not too long without the stove, but I hear you......any sounds of the oil burner makes me cringe! Good luck with the fix and keeping the wife happy! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.