Good to see this place Alive & well..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayabusa Rider said:
My project is at a stand still...

Hayabusa Rider,
Sorry about your project. If I remember correctly you were researching stove pipes. Were you replacing an old one?

I'm especially sorry to hear about you losing your job. I'll cross my fingers and hope you find something soon.
~Cath

Boy, that is a bad thing to hear. Michigan right now is either the worst or one of the worst states now for employment and the thumb region is not the best place to be looking for work. We do wish you the best. Just know you may have to consider moving in order to find work. Many have already left this state and many more are considering it every day. This is sad.

Sorry to hear of your lose of a job. Very difficult times right now especially in Michigan. Hope you are able to find another to get by with.

I could have retired 4 years ago but opted to work longer and glad I did with the overall state of the economy right now.

im in textiles i might be in the soup line with you soon. Someone needs to start a gas kitchen hehehe.

Hayabusa Rider said:
My project is at a stand still...
Got laid off mid april and still looking for work.....

I stand to lose everything this year if I cant find work making the same kind of wage.....

Go to your local One Stop Career Center and ask about training opportunies funded by the Workforce Investment Act. Depending on local policy you may be able to get a few thousand dollars toward trade school or truck driving school or on-the-job training. It won't cost you anything to check it out. Good luck.

Carl said:
Sorry to hear of your lose of a job. Very difficult times right now especially in Michigan. Hope you are able to find another to get by with.

I could have retired 4 years ago but opted to work longer and glad I did with the overall state of the economy right now.

No, you should retire and let ryder have your job. Just kidding.. How many times have you heard that one go by you??

Michigan right now is either the worst or one of the worst states now for employment

In overall state economics there are 11 states doing worse than Michigan (which....i find it hard to believe. I've never seen it like this around here. It's spooky). As of a couple months ago we (Michigan) were No. 1 in the nation for one way Ryder/U-Haul rentals.

Sorry to hear of your job loss and keep digging...something will turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.