Good weather means clean up...Be careful out there.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarr

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2012
Southbury, CT
Just saw this video, and I am cutting some trees myself.

The lady is OK, and you have to be somewhat impressed that a 79 year old woman is chopping down a tree with an axe. If I lived closer I would go there and clean that up for her before she gets back from the hospital.

If she burns, then I would even split it for her. Hope she makes a full recovery.

The girl is a good samaritan, not a hero. Gotta love a 79 year old woman still cutting wood!

Great story. I see no problem with an old woman out cutting down trees!

Mrs Backwoods Savage says one of you guys need to go cut that tree up for that lady.

Something fishy about this story when I saw it on TV you will notice the sawdust around stump looks to be from chain
saw as well as the scurf cut laying on ground. The ax looked as if it had rust on it not as if it was just used. I don't know just seems strange???????

Whitepine2

Something fishy about this story when I saw it on TV you will notice the sawdust around stump looks to be from chain
saw as well as the scurf cut laying on ground. The ax looked as if it had rust on it not as if it was just used. I don't know just seems strange???????

Whitepine2
Your right

For sure that tree is not ax cut. Dunno what the old lady was doing, but not what the story said!

Glad to see others find same as I,when first saw on local news noticed this.After 33 yrs as P.O. you just pick up on things,would like to find out more but what dozes it matter. The old gal was very talkative as there was more on TV news. Most reporters are as dumb as a stump anyway and would not know the difference between sawdust and chips
from an ax. After what happened in Boston today this don't amount to nothing.

Whitepine2

Status
Not open for further replies.