Goodbye NC30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt also known as Hiram Maxim came by today and picked up the 30 Today. Good to me a Forum stalwart member in person. Put in on my hardware stores trusty furniture dolly and wheeled in the back of his PU. Great to meet someone on the forum quite an interesting accomplished person. I hope his dad has lots of warm nights out of the stove. Matt the pleasure was mine and enjoyed our visit and even though the DW and I had Ladders and paint cans everywhere at least you know what it's like to paint my 30' walls. Good luck with painting and when you get some brown metallic on the beast lets see some pics. THanks again.

Tom AKA ddown

Good news for Hiram's dad. Sorry to hear you are downgrading. :lol:

Edit: At least you didn't move over to the Dark Side Of The Force and buy a cat stove. :coolsmirk:

I sold my 13 to a forum participant. Don't know who. I think he recognized the chicken.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
I sold my 13 to a forum participant. Don't know who. I think he recognized the chicken.

I am still trying to recognize the pic in the avitar. Former mother in law?

BrotherBart said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

Naww..... Sarah Palin's "Prom" picture. U jelly?
Edit- Hiram may need an intervention. 2 NC-30's and a BKK, I mean - c'mon, how much wood do you really want to process a year? Sheesh..... ;-P

ddown said:
Matt also known as Hiram Maxim came by today and picked up the 30 Today. Good to me a Forum stalwart member in person. Put in on my hardware stores trusty furniture dolly and wheeled in the back of his PU. Great to meet someone on the forum quite an interesting accomplished person. I hope his dad has lots of warm nights out of the stove. Matt the pleasure was mine and enjoyed our visit and even though the DW and I had Ladders and paint cans everywhere at least you know what it's like to paint my 30' walls. Good luck with painting and when you get some brown metallic on the beast lets see some pics. THanks again.

Tom AKA ddown

Tom,

It was Great to meet You and Your wife!

I can't thank you enough for practically loading the stove Yourself. "MY whole body thanks you" :lol:

Below is the stove it will be replacing, a Country Comfort (basically the same size as an Englander 13) in my Dad's finished/insulated walk-out basement.

When I get the 30 repainted I will post before and after pics.

Seeing my Dad lives right next door, Guess I'll have to share my wood now? ;-P

My Dads House will have a much warmer feel to it this year!

Thank you and Best of Luck,Matt

http://i52.tinypic.com/2meu9vq.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2rwuirb.jpg

BrotherBart said:
Good news for Hiram's dad. Sorry to hear you are downgrading. :lol:

Edit: At least you didn't move over to the Dark Side Of The Force and buy a cat stove. :coolsmirk:

Bart, does DDOWN have to return his shirt now? Certainly, since Hiram is putting a 1st class paint job on it, his dad should get a NEW shirt!!!!

Hiram Maxim said:
Below is the stove it will be replacing, a Country Comfort (basically the same size as an Englander 13) in my Dad's finished/insulated walk-out basement.

When I get the 30 repainted I will post before and after pics.

That's a beautiful finished basement. I'm hoping we can do something like that with ours in the future. What is the model of the Country Comfort you are replacing? Is it an EPA stove? It looks pretty good on the hearth too. Are you replacing it to get more heat and/or burn times? Are you going to paint it black or something similar to the old stove?

Good luck,
Bill

ddown said:
Good to me a Forum stalwart member in person.
LoL, Tom. As I type this reply on my iPad, I can't help but wonder if that sentence was the result of some Autocorrect awesomeness.

It would be an honor to give my shirt to Hiram BB Kathleen Better pic

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:

:mad:

Okay I changed it. Happy?

I didn't MIND it. I just didn't know who it was. :roll:

Well I finally got a good burn going today in the Super 27 Observations: Much more range of control than the Thirty. I think it's because the air control lever controls all sources of air. In the thirty you have the air control but it only controls main combustion air not the doghouse or the tubes they draw depending on your draft. I was able to get nice lazy flames and a perfect burn temperature 500 on top and 350 on pipe load burns much more evenly and no burn through from dog hoes since the wire control adapts all wire at once .

BrotherBart said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:

:mad:

Okay I changed it. Happy?

I didn't MIND it. I just didn't know who it was. :roll:

I think she is still harboring ill will against you due to the 30 install. :lol:

I'm guessing that will ease up in December... January at the latest.

ddown said:
Well I finally got a good burn going today in the Super 27 Observations: Much more range of control than the Thirty. I think it's because the air control lever controls all sources of air. In the thirty you have the air control but it only controls main combustion air not the doghouse or the tubes they draw depending on your draft. I was able to get nice lazy flames and a perfect burn temperature 500 on top and 350 on pipe load burns much more evenly and no burn through from dog hoes since the wire control adapts all wire at once .
What was the problem with the NC30?

To hot would get the great Room to 90+ with a half a load and pipe damper 38' Chimney

That is a quality problem and we can't give you proper sympathy for that. Like telling us you have jet lag from your trip to Australia.

I guess you have never been North it's common In Minnesota, Michigan, Canada as a exclamation, Question or whatever else come up.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
That is a quality problem and we can't give you proper sympathy for that. Like telling us you have jet lag from your trip to Australia.

Oh god, speaking of which, my meal in first class was absolutely awful. I could barely choke down the chicken cordon bleu.

NC-30's and chevy avalanches have alot in common. People either love um or hate em. either way they do a good job. Now, that being said, I am going to go in and give my ice cold 30 a warm hug for the night.....................Carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.