Goodbye old fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjohneel

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2011
Suburban Boston
In 18 days I'm having a Harman P35i Insert installed. I've already bought 2 tons of Barefoots. I'm looking forward to the pellet experience but sitting here on New Year's Eve with my girlfriend in front of the roaring fire (with the goddess of compassion looking on!), I have to tell you, I'm going to miss the old inefficient fireplace. And then I remember my last $4.10/gal. oil delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 340
You made a good choice. I was not sure I wanted to give up my fireplace at first but now that I have, there is no looking back. The house is always warm no matter how cold it gets outside!

send pics when it's done!!

You will love it!!

You won't miss it. We enjoy sitting in the living room with the insert blazing away. I think it's just as good.

Besides, your lady will be warmer and more comfortable. Who knows where that could lead?

<Cue cheesy adult film music>

Another vote for pictures.

Welcome to the pellet world and be ready for the pellet addiction that comes along with this.

I know how you feel....I did what I thought was the best move for me, a free standing in the same room as the fireplace...I get my warmth, and the ambiance of the wood fire when I want it...but ask me since I installed my stove if I have even bothered to put on the fireplace....NO!. My thinking was that I like the wood burning as well. I think my XXV puts out so much more heat than the accentra insert would have. In addition, I was afraid of backdraft as when I put on my FP, I get some smoke from the basement FP. I am thinking strongly of putting in a pellet downstairs too, maybe an insert..will have to think about that.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be happy, I sure am!

Status
Not open for further replies.