Goodman gas pack furnace problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtn man

Jan 14, 2012
Western North Carolina
I have a 1993 gas furnace that will not light. I have 1 blink on control board. I installed a new igniter and flame sensor. So when I try to start the induction motor starts then a few seconds later I hear a click but the igniter doesn't click at all then I hear another click sound then it shuts off and gives me the blink code again. Also it does not have a pressure switch, I assume it is because it is an outside unit? Also bypassed roll out sensor and did not light, then bypassed the aux limit switch on fan blower and did not start again. I do smell propane when it cycles through the steps but the igniter is the step the always malfunctions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Does the hot surface ignitor try to start to glow? and then click off and try to glow again. If so it's trying to proof. Take the tube off of the inducer motor housing to the pressure switch. Suck in on the switch side and blow into tube on the non switch side. could be stuck due to some type of debris. Then try to fire the unit up. If not take a reading at the gas valve to see if 24 volts is . 1 blink indicates no power from t-stat Look on the cover to see the trouble shooting about the status lights on the control board. Cut power for a few minutes and try to fire up and see if you get more trouble codes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.