Goodnight Irene!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfd95

Burning Hunk
Jan 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island
Woke up this morning still had power. Not much damage in the yard, one good size branch down. Nothing down in the road as far I can see. So far only call for the fire dept. for wires so far. No calls to go to work yet either, so no OT yet. Hope everybody down south of here made it through safe and everybody north of here good luck.

Good to hear! Hoping for the same in southern NH! Cheers!

It sounds as if a lot of people got lucky this time. Can you imagine though what it would have been like if that had came ashore as a Category 4?!!!!

nsfd95 said:
Woke up this morning still had power. Not much damage in the yard, one good size branch down. Nothing down in the road as far I can see. So far only call for the fire dept. for wires so far. No calls to go to work yet either, so no OT yet. Hope everybody down south of here made it through safe and everybody north of here good luck.

Glad to hear that, up hear we have some rain but nothing for wind yet. Our problem will be all the rain they get in the Adirondacks (Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake) coming down the rivers and brooks.

zap

Dune Road down along the ocean is under three foot of water and just had a 10 inch diameter locust fall in the yard. Glad its good wood!!!!!

It has been definitely downgraded. The eye just hit Connecticut, winds gusting to 65 mph. If it stayed in the ocean, it would have been worse. It looks like I'll be raking leaves two times this year. Coastal towns are taking a beating thought from the storm surge. Boats are being tossed around their moorings like toys.

nsfd95 said:
Dune Road down along the ocean is under three foot of water and just had a 10 inch diameter locust fall in the yard. Glad its good wood!!!!!

We have white pine around the house so this morning was spent getting equipment for processing firewood out to safer areas.

Zap

We've been pretty fortunate so far, here in western ct. The lights have flickered a few times but we haven't lost power. Two medium sized locusts are down. One just missed our pear tree, the other is hung up on some other trees (both trees are far from any structures). We're hanging in the basement till the winds die down.

nsfd95 said:
Even thought its been down graded she's still blowing pretty good.
sure is. took off a top of an oak in my neighbors yard bout 30 feet long. hopefully they'll ask me to drop the rest and take the wood.

Tree down,Basset hound had to check it out.

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 167.jpg
    167.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 247
Power flickered here as well a few times this morning, but as is well for the moment. About ready to fill up the saws and take a ride. Just being a good samaritan, to see if anyone needs a little clean up help.

Status
Not open for further replies.