Google to Offer High Speed Internet to Texas - Hopefully NY is next

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tough when one lives in the sticks (like me, but not really that "sticksy"); we can't get regular old cable broadband because it's not profitable. What with telecommuting and all, you feel really left behind.

Yea i know what you mean, I cant even get Fios here where I live. We have cable and its halfway decent. My 4G LTE is faster.

As often as Google has started new stuff and then abandoned it I wouldn't depend on it on a bet.

$70 a month for someone who telecomutes such as my self and rely on fast large file transfer and ip telephony it actually makes sense. I often have to transfer Gigs of data and 100x the speed would make our clients quiet happy. Especially during last minute requests. But as BB said, its Google and they are notorious for starting something then pulling out.

I just got mispot after getting screwed by Verizon and its awesome. I live 6 miles from home depot, Walmart, meijer, staples, a bunch of fast food, etc etc, but i can't even get dsl. I've been using s Verizon data card with a grandfathered Alltel plan getting roughly 300-400 kbps (crappy) but now on mispot I'm getting 10-15 mbps. Its annoying that there's a data limit, but there's a data limit on nearly all of them and this one is way way cheaper. I'm paying $60/mo. for 20gb of data. It would cost over twice that with Verizon, and note I'm actually getting decent speeds and service instead of crap.
Btw, if anybody is considering mispot, [shameless plug] i could get a $50 credit for a referral... [/shameless plug]

Status
Not open for further replies.