goose decoys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i3bpvh

Jul 24, 2009
MN
Anyone know where I can get cheap field goose decoys in MN metro. Just started goose hunting this year and don't have a fortune to spend, but I want to keep getting out there. Thanks.

8-/ i have 50 or 60 shells wish i was closer id cut ya a deal

Roadtrip? Let me tell you about all the wonderful sights Minnesota has to offer.

dont tempt me lol i love it up there. fact is im headin to the UP in few weeks to look at land

fine, you go a head and tell them no goose for you!!

Attachments

• colie.JPG
    colie.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 254
  • colie1.JPG
    colie1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 242
  • colie abby.JPG
    colie abby.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 252
Hmmm.... Lets see, young, shapely, scantily clad, and holding a "Free wood" sign - that might do it... %-P

Gooserider

I'll get my wife right on that. You deliver? :p

Couple this that work and are cheap if you are working fields. You can make silhouettes at home if you are handy or rag style ones which can be nothing more than a plastic bag(dark colored) or some thing similar and a j shaped stake. You can make heads for the stakes out of styrofoam Just have to devise a way to keep part of the bag open so the breeze can fill the bag. they work very well as they wiggle in the wind. The motion attracts the birds. I forgot, dark Kitchen size trash bags, tie a knot in the open end using about 2/3 of the opening, the short tab hanging out acts as the head a straight stake with a clothes pin fastened to it to hold bag open and the top of the stake inserted into the not works pretty good. You can get a lot of decoys in almost no space transport wise this way. Watch Craigs list decoys pop up there all the time Rummage and estate sales are other good spots. Have fun

hmmmm....or wood wanted sign :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.