Got 6 minutes to waste?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.

OK, so I'm bored waiting on a plumber to fix my cental air. It's gonna be 98° today. It's amazing what some folks will put on Youtube. I sure hope this aint anyone on this forum._g Oh yeah! doin the bunny hop.

Not sure what is funnier, the fact he is wearing sandals or the fact that he didn't put the wood on a stable hard surface to split in the first place

Reactions: Thistle
Bunny hop ;lol;hm Wow. !!! If I swing at a big and/or tough round more than 5-6 times & nothing happens then its time to break out 1 of the big saws or sledge/pair of wedges.Even the retired 20lb Monster Maul which is not easy to use as I've gotten older.

Anyone of these methods is much quicker & easier on my back than swinging something 30 times which obviously isn't working.Oh and it helps to have the round on a firm surface such as a chopping block.;)

Couldn't stand to watch it very long at all. Poor guy doesn't know what he is doing.....

Reactions: NortheastAl
Wow--I can't imagine how long it took him to split that pile. I don't think I would heat with wood if it were that much work!

I will name him LIGHTNING because he never strikes in the same place twice! I would bet him $10 my middle daughter would have had that in 6 pieces before he had it split into two.

That's too funny. Picture 196 (Medium).jpg

For one that axe he has sucks. He did Ok with the wedge. Not wise to split wood in sandals. Very Dumb. Oak is relatively easy to split. Unless you get one that had another tree growing off the
side of it. That was some decent sized rounds. I Usually stand those up and noodle Down in halfway,makes axe splitting easy.

I was so waiting for the axe to bounce off his forehead, when he did the kangaroo hop.;lol

What a crack head?? That's the stupidist thing ever. Who jumps that is less power than just swinging??

This one was 10 minutes of painful viewing. Kept wishing the guy would turn the throttle up.

Ariens Log Splitter Demonstration 27 Ton | Hydraulic Wood Splitter ...
► 10:37► 10:37
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPfgC86Coks

This one was 10 minutes of painful viewing. Kept wishing the guy would turn the throttle up.

Ariens Log Splitter Demonstration 27 Ton | Hydraulic Wood Splitter ...
► 10:37► 10:37
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPfgC86Coks[/quote]

He was spending a long time on getting those splits really small....not that it's a bad thing, but depends how much you have to do. a couple cord would take a long time at that rate. I need to get as much done as quickly as I can.

i dunno...some of those "stronger" blows looked an aweful lot like the "strong" ones...and I'm quite sure some of the "strong" one were in fact "strongest". If you can't keep your normal,strong,stronger, and strongests straight, how you gonna split some wood? I especially like the duck in the background.

i dunno...some of those "stronger" blows looked an aweful lot like the "strong" ones...and I'm quite sure some of the "strong" one were in fact "strongest". If you can't keep your normal,strong,stronger, and strongests straight, how you gonna split some wood? I especially like the duck in the background.

I'm not going to lie. This was my experience with white oak before I bought my splitter. I wasn't hopping, but I was bouncing off the wood and not really getting anywhere. Sledges and wedges are too time consuming for me.

I wonder if you measured the force whether the swing itself generates the most power with a person planted on the ground. The hopping cost his swing force.

I wonder if you measured the force whether the swing itself generates the most power with a person planted on the ground. The hopping cost his swing force.
You're right of course. If he had hit the wood while he was still falling, he could have added to the maul's velocity. The hop was a total waste. However, it certainly added to the entertainment value;lol

Reactions: Delta-T
You're right of course. If he had hit the wood while he was still falling, he could have added to the maul's velocity. The hop was a total waste. However, it certainly added to the entertainment value;lol

Splitting wood is dangerous enough without dancing around with a deadly weapon.

I really hope that was a joke video. Can you imagine looking over a house or two and see your neighbor trying to split a half a cord or so like that?

I really hope that was a joke video. Can you imagine looking over a house or two and see your neighbor trying to split a half a cord or so like that?

Sound like quality entertainment for the evening to me. Actually, I would probably be laughing so hard I would pass out.

Wow! I can't believe how close he comes to hitting himself in the head with that maul after the hop. The shoes are nice too. I don't think he'll finish in tie for winter at that rate. Should look more like this.

Nice work, but that looks like a Fiskars. Is that considered cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.