Got a 13 hour burn time in an NC 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcates

Mar 1, 2010
Central NC
I got a 13 hour burn time with my 30 on this recent cold wave. It was 14 degrees that morning with the daytime high of a windy 32. I loaded it up with 5 large slabs of 2 year old white oak. I did not weigh the wood but I estimate the 5 slabs weighed roughly 70 lbs. Stove held 700+ degrees with the fan on for two or so hours before settling at 600. 13 hours later the stove top was still 250 degrees with no fan. It was 325 degrees at the 11 hour mark. Getting these burn times is all in the fuel load.

mtcates said:
I got a 13 hour burn time with my 30 on this recent cold wave. It was 14 degrees that morning with the daytime high of a windy 32. I loaded it up with 5 large slabs of 2 year old white oak. I did not weigh the wood but I estimate the 5 slabs weighed roughly 70 lbs. Stove held 700+ degrees with the fan on for two or so hours before settling at 600. 13 hours later the stove top was still 250 degrees. It was 325 degrees at the 11 hour mark. Getting these burn times is all in the fuel load.

Sweet Sounds like you have that 30 figured out. It's extremely nice to not have to worry about your stove for 12+ hours in cold temperatures.

The wood does make all the difference. I get relatively short burn times as im burning almost 100% small pine boards.but its either convert them to BTUs or haul them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.