Got a 2 headed turtle!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
No, that's not a euphamism :).

A fellow teacher found this little snapper, "Jim-Bob" near a farm pond. Shown here on an adult shell. Hope we can get him...them...? to eat and survive. Getting a mostly aquatic tank set up. Cool way to start the school year! Both heads move and blink.
\
JimBob.jpg

That's pretty cool! Good luck keeping the little guy(s) alive!

Reactions: osagebow

I wonder which head controls the legs.

Is it still alive?

Yep, still kicking! Think he's eating floating food sticks behind my back, but they dissolve so it's hard to tell. Wish he ate like the one from hoss's story.

Dog is jealous, has eaten 2 cans of turtle food. She doesn't usually take stuff off counters.;lol

Reactions: Michael Golden
beavis.jpg
He said turtle heads.... hehe haha in my best Beavis impression..... FIRE...FIRE FIRE.....FIRE

Last edited:
Reactions: osagebow
ugly-christmas-sweaters-12052011-29.jpg

This could work ..
It actually ate today! Glad I didn't show it this, it would never eat again.

Reactions: firefighterjake
IMAG1066.jpg
caught him eating this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.