got a bit done this weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixon

Minister of Fire
Aug 6, 2008
West Sunbury ,Pa.
Just a bit more than 3 cord in the shed ,or on the porch . got a few rounds of Oak and BL cut and split ,but not stacked . If the weather holds, the long stack will be in the shed by next weekend ,and we can get back to working on the Oak and BL . Not too bad for a couple of old folks and 4 dogs !
Some of the dates are wrong, but we have a VCR that says 12:00 all the time too.

Attachments

• 100_3414.JPG
    100_3414.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_3413.JPG
    100_3413.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_3412.JPG
    100_3412.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_3411.JPG
    100_3411.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_3410.JPG
    100_3410.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_3408.JPG
    100_3408.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_3409.JPG
    100_3409.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_3416.JPG
    100_3416.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_3385.JPG
    100_3385.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_3397.JPG
    100_3397.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 161
Nice pictures.
Leaves are still green there, but it's good to be ahead.
Looks like you're ready for winter.

:) Signs of a bad winter coming :
Nixon has lots of wood next to the house, & Wooly caterpillars have long thick hair. . LOL :)

Supposed to rain Tuesday, hurry getting the wood in the shed. :)

Every-time my camera needs new batts, I have to reset the dates, I try to get it close, the internal batt must be dead.
I'm an Ex, Western Pa.'r,

Reactions: Nixon
Nice pictures.
Leaves are still green there, but it's good to be ahead.
Looks like you're ready for winter.
:) Signs of a bad winter coming :
Nixon has lots of wood next to the house, & Wooly caterpillars have long thick hair. . LOL :)
Supposed to rain Tuesday, hurry getting the wood in the shed. :)
Every-time my camera needs new batts, I have to reset the dates, I try to get it close, the internal batt must be dead.
I'm an Ex, Western Pa.'r,

Just making sure that most of what I'll need is either on the porch , or in the shed . I'd love it if I can get that long stack under roof . Hopefully the weather will hold up . I'd also like to get a couple more stacks of the new stuff laid down .
As far as the camera..... I know that as soon as I set the date , the batteries will croak again ... :)
Where in W. Pa . Did you come from? I'm about 15 miles north of Butler . Just outside of a little town called West Sunbury .

Just making sure that most of what I'll need is either on the porch , or in the shed . I'd love it if I can get that long stack under roof . Hopefully the weather will hold up . I'd also like to get a couple more stacks of the new stuff laid down .
As far as the camera..... I know that as soon as I set the date , the batteries will croak again ... :)
Where in W. Pa . Did you come from? I'm about 15 miles north of Butler . Just outside of a little town called West Sunbury .

South of Pittsburgh, Elizabeth township in Allegheny County.
You are about 60 miles due north.

Hoping to get some time after moose season to get a few cords in before the snow comes also. Trying to get 2 years ahead.

Just a bit more than 3 cord in the shed ,or on the porch . got a few rounds of Oak and BL cut and split ,but not stacked . If the weather holds, the long stack will be in the shed by next weekend ,and we can get back to working on the Oak and BL . Not too bad for a couple of old folks and 4 dogs !
Some of the dates are wrong, but we have a VCR that says 12:00 all the time too.

Not bad at all for a couple of old folks and 4 dogs. But do the dogs help with the cutting, splitting or stacking?! Some nice wood there too. I wouldn't worry too much about the weather holding out. We won't get wood moved into the shed until some time in October.

Yup were all sick on here

You may be right about that .
Hi!, my name is John , I started out with one saw . Then I bought a tri axle load of logs thinking it would save the wear and tear on my truck . Then I thought .... "I've got this big load of wood,so a second saw would help get it done quicker, wife willing . " Then came ,"that went well , maybe I'll order two tri-axles, might want to get a back up saw " ..............so far, I've managed to resist the temptation to go for the third tri- axle . :) but, as soon as I get a ms 460r I promise to be a better person ! :)

Nixon, I've never seen a need for more than one saw. My wife asked me about getting a small saw for her several years ago thinking she could do some work on the tree tops. I resisted and am glad I did. Now most of the time she can't even help with the wood at all except for loading the stove.

Not bad at all for a couple of old folks and 4 dogs. But do the dogs help with the cutting, splitting or stacking?! Some nice wood there too. I wouldn't worry too much about the weather holding out. We won't get wood moved into the shed until some time in October.
Dennis, the dogs actually steal the splits off of the splitter table , so, nope they don't help . But, I don't hold it against them . ;) and , I'm going to hold you to that weather forecast . :)

Dennis, the dogs actually steal the splits off of the splitter table , so, nope they don't help . But, I don't hold it against them . ;) and , I'm going to hold you to that weather forecast . :)

;lol I can just picture the dogs "helping out" that way. Now on the weather....

Nixon, I've never seen a need for more than one saw. My wife asked me about getting a small saw for her several years ago thinking she could do some work on the tree tops. I resisted and am glad I did. Now most of the time she can't even help with the wood at all except for loading the stove.

Dennis , with me saws are just an addiction . I can't afford big cars , boats , planes , etc ....
Truth be told , I could likely get by with just one saw . I in fact did just that for years .
I know that at times I've yanked some of the ms 290 owners . But truth be told , the most bullet proof saw I've ever seen was an 029 that we had when I was doing pole buildings . It was dropped in the mud , never tuned ,the chain was rarely sharpened , I don't recall anyone ever even looking at the air filter, god forbid cleaning the bar . When we were done abusing it , it went back into the side box until it's next round of abuse .Yet it started first time , every time .

Sounds like it did the job nicely. :) I have no problem with the 290. The one I have is the first Stihl saw for us and it has served us quite well. Had it going for a short period today because I wanted to open up a couple lanes for hunting season. Lots of downed stuff in the woods from that July storm we had.

Well, there is no sense in rushing the job. lol

wish i had a weekend as long as yours to get that much done lol

Western PA, so many trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.