Got a deal on a Kuma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwill

Oct 13, 2010
W. MI
Picked up a Kuma classic yesterday. Got it for 1k, on clearance from $1800. Doing the break-in fire now. This stove is a little bigger (2.3cf vs 2cf) than we wanted but the price was right for a super high quality stove. Out with the old. In with the new!

Attachments

• GEDC0641.JPG
    GEDC0641.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 346
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 29,116
Very nice and a great deal. You stole that stove. Keep us posted on how it works out this season.

Enjoy that good looking tank. That was indeed a deal.

First fire impressions: This thing is a heat MONSTER! Did the break-in fires and went for 3/4 full load last night. loaded at 8pm ,house was 64 & by 11 it was 76. and when i got up at 6:30 it was still too hot to touch. Wasn't awake enough to check temps but there was lots of coals left. At about 11am I opened the door and to my surprise there was still some coals left in the back. Just enough to restart.

Had never heard of Kuma till I saw this stove. In my opinion it might be one of the most unknown/underrated heaters out there. The fit and finish on this thing is better than many of the stoves we had looked at before. It made the Quad 3100 next to it look cheaply made. With the tight clearance to combustibles (6" rear,14" sides) it fits perfect in the alcove. At 450 lbs I think it will hold the heat for a good long time after the fire is out. It uses firebricks and insulation blanket for a baffle, no fragile boards to break. Biggest issue i have right now is figuring out the air control and stove top temps. The temps are all over the place depending on where i take the reading at. The air control rod needs some marks as to how far open or closed it is and how far it has been moved. Still learning but very very happy so far. Bring on the cold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.