Got A Fix For My Firewood Addiction, And It Was Good!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
The target.
IMG_4909.jpg

On the ground and all cut up.
IMG_4912.jpg

A little wet and cold, but I ain't no momma's boy. Makes the fire at home feel all the better.
IMG_4911.jpg

Love that old maul! Three swings makes four splits nearly every time.
IMG_4917.jpg

All split up.
IMG_4919.jpg

It warmed up to 30°F during the night and this morning the snow had solidified somewhat. I was able to pack the trail pretty good, but was still leery of pulling my wood trailer. It occurred to me that an old snowmobile cutter from about 1970 was propped up somewhere in the junkpile. I found it, dragged it out through the snow, and hooked it up! Worked surprisingly well. In fact, it worked so well that even though my initial intention was not to haul any wood in it but just my equipment, I ended up hauling wood with it anyway. I took it a little easy on it, because the old fiberglass is kind of brittle, and I did forget a couple times and threw some splits in it pretty hard, but it survived. It's pretty beat up anyway, from many years of teenagers a long time ago.
IMG_4921.jpg

I think the poor old thing deserves a place next to my woodhauler. At least for now.
IMG_4925.jpg

Quads glad to hear you are back in cutting, great pictures.

zap

zapny said:
Quads glad to hear you are back in cutting, great pictures.

zap
Yep, back cutting after a few days break due to the snowstorm. Until we get more snow!

Nice pics! I took my quad out this weekend in VT. There was anywhere from 9-12" of snow. My Wolverine doesn't have a ton of ground clearance, but it did really well. I love 4wheel drive.

I love the 4 wheel drive too. My little Hawkeye doesn't have nearly the ground clearance that the old Sportsman did, but it does ok. The Sportsman may have went through deeper snow than the Hawkeye, but when I got stuck with the Sportsman I was really stuck, and it was a pig to get out. The Hawkeye gets stuck a little sooner, but it's not quite so bad to get out.

My 2wd Trailboss with the tire chains does pretty good, but it isn't geared very low so I never use it for firewood. I use it for doing chores around the farm.

hey quads I noticed in your pic a 2 way radio and a soda can, whatcha drinking?

There were a few times this weekend I wished for a little bit more lift...and hp. :lol:

jcjohnston said:
hey quads I noticed in your pic a 2 way radio and a soda can, whatcha drinking?
That's a police scanner. Usually I have a black cherry soda, but I think that was a diet Coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.