Got a little chilly (first fire)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geardoc

Oct 30, 2008
Yorktown Virginia
cid__downsized_1012091840.jpg

Attachments

• !cid__downsized_1012091840.jpg
    !cid__downsized_1012091840.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,177
Reactions: Billybonfire
Classy set-up Gear doc!! Looks great.

looks great! I could see myself sitting next to that with a cold one after a hard days work! :coolsmile:

Nice...what is the stone product on the walls?

looks cozy. If you close the door it heats better %-P

Very nice !!!!!

And ditto on the door closing thingy :)

Very nice!!!! Many years of warm enjoyable nights ahead!!!

Wow. What an amazing presentation. That could win an award.
I love the look of stone work - it must catch the eye of all your visitors.

It looks like you can sneak behind the stove without getting burned. Is this the way to the Bat Cave? :)
You push the switch on the secret stone, and a pole slides down from the ceiling just before the floor slides back, letting you slip into your secret lair, where stove research pushes the envelope of modern efficiency to the limits. (ROARRRRRR) - What's that sound - a chimney fire? Not here! It's the Firewood Alarm! A tree has fallen 12 miles north of town, and must be scrounged before sunset, lest it fall in to the wrong hands.
A quick change into safety pants, steel toed boots, work gloves and tinted safety glasses, and out of the secret lair comes Chainsaw Guy, wielding his (your saw brand and model here), and brandishing on his utility belt a hatchet, wedge, rope and chain file. "Beech, Locust, Ash and Elm. Maple, Hickory, Oak and Pine. No matter the species - Chainsaw Guy is on the move!" He charges off in his vintage red 1978 (your favourite truck here), keeping the faith of all woodburners alive for yet another day....

...Sorry - had a comic book flashback there for a moment.

Nice stone and stove. Happy burning!

Gear, Was that space originally a closet?

Awesome setup, makes me wish we didn't drywall over the little add-on room that our BIS is set into so that it was flush with the finished wall. Great now my brain is stuck on BK King sitting in the space that was for the BIS. This is why the internet is bad! :roll:

gzecc said:
Gear, Was that space originally a closet?

No, but it does look like it could have been. Thats the original alcove for the junk prefab fireplace that was there.

PICT9286Medium.jpg

I had to beat it up a little to get it out. The pipe was junk too. Scary stuff. The floor under the fireplace was burnt through.... Thats insulation you see under the wood. Scary!

PICT9297Medium.jpg

PICT9307Medium-1.jpg

PICT9317Medium-1.jpg

Test Run...
PICT9328Medium.jpg

Back wall done with the back breaking stone.
PICT9333Medium.jpg

I have enjoyed this wood stove more the I imagined. Fun project and free heat.

Reactions: Billybonfire
Status
Not open for further replies.