Got a little done today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
S5005426.jpgS5005427.jpg I finally got enough time to get all of my latest scrounge cut down to length and stacked up.
Not only does it seem to take me longer to do anything, its hard as hell to find any time to do it..ha
All this wood is for next year... They are ugly stacks, but its mine....:)

View attachment 73889View attachment 73890 I finally got enough time to get all of my latest scrounge cut down to length and stacked up.
Not only does it seem to take me longer to do anything, its hard as hell to find any time to do it..ha
All this wood if for next year... They are ugly stacks, but its mine....:)
Looks good to me.....alot of that wood looks like it's been sittin for a while, how long's it been c/s?

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
I like the stacking posts....is that custom made end brace?

Like the way you are using the carport. These things can really work nice for a woodshed.

Those stacks look mighty fine to me! And I like the rack ends you made and the carport idea also. And I like the view out behind the lone stack also! Good work all the way around...

Those stacks look mighty fine to me! And I like the rack ends you made and the carport idea also. And I like the view out behind the lone stack also! Good work all the way around...

Thanks

I will have to keep an eye on them to make sure they dont start leaning...wouldnt want them to fall on anything. The only problem I might have with the carport is the higher winds will cause rain/snow to blow into it a bit more that I would like, but I can deal with that.

Its nice to have a 40acre back yard...

Thanks

I will have to keep an eye on them to make sure they dont start leaning...wouldnt want them to fall on anything. The only problem I might have with the carport is the higher winds will cause rain/snow to blow into it a bit more that I would like, but I can deal with that.

Its nice to have a 40acre back yard...

Yes it is! We love it too!

Looks awesome! Those stacks are straight as an arrow!!

Looks awesome. And I agree about the car port, racks, and view.... All beautiful.

Them stacks rate right up there with our resident, overly obsessive, lazer straight Zap! :). Nice stacks and carport idea is a good one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It really made sense to me...multi purpose and done in a day. I have enjoyed it so far and being able to put my truck or other things under it makes it that much better to me.

We almost went that route before putting up the new barn. We still may put up a carport and if we do, we will leave the sides open. That is, no siding but we'll use stacked wood for the siding.

Looks awesome! Those stacks are straight as an arrow!!

Looks awesome. And I agree about the car port, racks, and view.... All beautiful.

Thanks...

Them stacks rate right up there with our resident, overly obsessive, lazer straight Zap! :). Nice stacks and carport idea is a good one.

I am not worthy to be put in that company...Zap is a wood wizard...ha Carport fit really well with what I needed. Also isnt treated as a permanent structure for tax reasons

We almost went that route before putting up the new barn. We still may put up a carport and if we do, we will leave the sides open. That is, no siding but we'll use stacked wood for the siding.

Sounds like a good idea...I normally season wood farther away from the house and wanted the shed pretty close so I could park the truck in it.
Would have saved a little money on the extra side bits thou....

Sounds like a good idea...I normally season wood farther away from the house and wanted the shed pretty close so I could park the truck in it.
Would have saved a little money on the extra side bits thou....

But you'll never be sorry for putting on the side panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.