Got a little help this weekend...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyAndy

Feb 29, 2008
Chateaugay, NY
My sister in law and her new boyfriend stopped over wed night to chat for a bit, and we got on the subject of firewood. he says if i need any help he can bring his tractor and trailer to get all the wood i have cut home. i say sure, friday afternoon ill be out there.

i had noooooooo idea......

this is his tractor:
1240229232.jpg

1240229040.jpg

and this is his trailer:
1240229466.jpg

and this is what 2 hours netted us:
1240228977.jpg

there is about 7 cords (not including the stacked stuff), and have about 6 more left to bring home.

I told her that if she breaks up with him im going to kick her ass!

SWEEEEEEEEET Deal there!

Skip the sister-in-law thing. I think YOU should work up a relationship with this guy! ;-)

Good days work! Send him my way, please?

Shari

Good deal Andy. That will save you much work!

Nice, that will save your back. Wonder if he has a splitter attachment for that deer?

Just line up a dozen rounds and have him bring the edge of the bucket down on top of them...they'll split.

Plus it woul dbe really cool to watch.

My sister-in-law married a guy who drives a toyota. What good is that to me? Apparently she was selfishly thinking only about herself.

mayhem said:
Just line up a dozen rounds and have him bring the edge of the bucket down on top of them...they'll split.

Now THAT is funny! I would soooo love to do that!

So i texted my sister in law this morning, told her that if he wants to help again this weekend i would be around. the thing is i dont want the guy to think that i am taking advantage of him. any thoughts on what i might be able to do for him to make it up and show i appriciate it? i thought about a case of beer or something, but he doesnt drink.

Can't trust him if he doesn't drink.

CowboyAndy said:
mayhem said:

Now THAT is funny! I would soooo love to do that!

So i texted my sister in law this morning, told her that if he wants to help again this weekend i would be around. the thing is i dont want the guy to think that i am taking advantage of him. any thoughts on what i might be able to do for him to make it up and show i appriciate it? i thought about a case of beer or something, but he doesnt drink.

Well if I was a guy and dating a new gal . . . and helping out some relatives by donating my time and equipment . . . I wouldn't mind getting a gift certificate to a nice restaurant (i.e. something fancier than McDonalds) to take out said new gal on a date . . . and/or perhaps a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores (hint: not too many guys would dislike a gift certificate to a hardware store.)

At the very least make sure you treat the guy to pizza or a decent dinner while he helps you out.

That said, I wouldn't push too much . . . as you said . . . you wouldn't want the guy feeling as though he was being taken advantage of . . . and you don't want the sister-in-law getting upset with him not spending as much time with her.

Andy, the only way to handle that is for you to do some detective work. Simply find out what the guy likes and help him out in that way and that way only.

Does he have a hobby? Get him some supplies.
Does he hunt? How about some new hunting clothing or gear, but first, find out which ones he likes.
Does he fish? Similar to above.
Does he like movie, restaurants, or maybe a special show is coming to town with a performance by a good singer?
Maybe he would like something for the home?
Maybe a grocery certificate at the local grocery store so the whole family can enjoy?
Maybe a big ham?
Maybe something for that John Deere?

The possibilities are endless.

Offer to pay for the wedding. Ya gotta lock this guy in!

I can always count on you guys for great ideas! Im thinking that maybe a gift certificate to a resteraunt and offer to watch my neice for the evening...

CowboyAndy said:
I can always count on you guys for great ideas! Im thinking that maybe a gift certificate to a resteraunt and offer to watch the John Deere and my neice for the evening...
Fixed. ;)

Wet1 said:
CowboyAndy said:
I can always count on you guys for great ideas! Im thinking that maybe a gift certificate to a resteraunt and offer to watch the John Deere and my neice for the evening...
Fixed. ;)

If he watched the Deere for an evening, he would be ruined forever.

Offer to build a storage barn or carport to store the tractor under in your yard. Get him something to do on Saturdays and have him leave the tractor there.

The grapple on the bucket must be sweet when moving splits and logs. I could use one of those.

Slightly off-topic, but are there any good restaurants up there? I went to HS in Malone, and they could never seem to keep one open... Course that was a few years ago and I haven't seen the place lately.

moosetrek said:
Slightly off-topic, but are there any good restaurants up there? I went to HS in Malone, and they could never seem to keep one open... Course that was a few years ago and I haven't seen the place lately.

No, not really anything beyond "just okay". we usually cross the border and go to the rockburn pub in rockburn quebec... awesome pub food there. most of the time we find ourselves going to plattsburgh to the butcher block, ninety nine or applebees. even in plattsburgh there is nothing extraordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.