got a load stacked up and ready to burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjm1017

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2012
Corapeake NC
I got bored this afternoon and moved some wood closer to the back door. Its a mix of oak, poplar, sweet gum, hickory, maple and some other stuff I'm not sure about. How long do y'all think it will last me doing 24/7 burning? IMG_20121230_164735.jpg

10 days is my guess, that's at 24/7. If that load had some locust and white oak in it, it'd stretch you out to around 12-14.......

Im thinking a week or so. This an experiment of sorts. I think im starting to figure out my stove so I've got this stack here to see how long it lasts and how much im burning.

About a week ± a day or 2 depending on the weather.

A week in mild weather here.

Its like asking how long a half tank of gas will last in my car.

Reactions: mikey517
A week here keeping my place at a steady 70 degrees with the Charmaster furnace. Nice lab, looks just like "old Bruiser" pushing up daisies now.

I know everyone's usage will be different ill find out how long it lasts here soon I'm just trying to figure out what my usage is. I also put it there so that when the meter man comes to see why I don't have a bill this month they'll know it's just cause I'm burning wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.