Got a "new" saw today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwitham

Oct 29, 2012
Central Indiana
I went to our local Ace hardware today to pick up the 290 chains I dropped off yesterday and to get the chains on my saw sharpened (yes, I know I should just do this myself but I chose to pay the guys at Ace to do it) and while I was waiting I saw this sitting on the shelf

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386359578.524516.jpg

Well I couldn't just leave it there, they were asking $160 for it I got him down to $130, it has the original owners manual and fired on the second pull. I figured that being a German saw it was worth me bringing it home as my 290 sucks for limbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Color me jealous.

Not sure why that 290 is not good for limbing? It is a great little saw. Also, I think you are getting the chain sharpened rather than the blade (bar).

I don't find the 290 to be good for limbing due to its size and the fact that I can't run it one handed, I like smaller saws for smaller work.

Yeah I meant chains, let's not get technical.

Nice deal on the saw. A small saw will come in handy especially for that price.

Wow I'm tired, I thought for a minute that you dropped off two hundred and ninety chains to Ace hardware. I was thinking "how in the world does someone afford to have that many chains done!". :eek:

Reactions: 'bert and cwitham
Wow I'm tired, I thought for a minute that you dropped off two hundred and ninety chains to Ace hardware. I was thinking "how in the world does someone afford to have that many chains done!". :eek:

Lol goodnight

Status
Not open for further replies.