Got a score tomorrow and then Monday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
This past thanksgiving we received about a foot of heavy wet snow, I took a little walk in the woods behind my house and saw that a few tree's did not make it through the storm, I have 1 ash tree approx. 20" diameter , (1) oak 16" diameter, and (1) maple (I think) about 20" diameter. I'm going to take advantage of the uncovered ground and saw them up tomorrow. Also my buddy is having a large pine tree removed and offered the log to me, I said sure (perfect shoulder season stuff) all in all I think the pine tree should yield about a cord and a half and the storm damage wood should be close to two, two and half cords. Perfect start for 17/18 winter.

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Sounds good. Close to home too, that's a big plus to me. All good stuff too. Nice

Ugh woke up under the weather, sore throat, head not in the game. From a safety point I'm not gonna use the chain saw today, but maybe later I'll take the short walk in the woods and grab some pics for you all to enjoy

That Thanksgiving storm did a number on some of the City's Park trees down this way . . . I've cut a couple pick up loads just from large branches . . . with the Parks and Rec Director's permission of course.

I see Presque Isle is already grooming the railroad bed . . . how much snow do you guys have now?

Bare ground for the last two weeks, we did get a foot of cement on thanksgiving, it stuck around for about 3 weeks

Thanks for the snow depth report ... they're talking about heavy rain for Christmas down this way.

Yea, it's feeling tropical down here considering

Yea, it's feeling tropical down here considering

"Down here"? Maybe I'm confused ... thought you were in New Sweden ... which is north of me.

Nope, in North west New Jersey, on a higher note our fire department had our annual x-mas party last night, we all bought a dish and ate like kings, I fried a turkey (since I missed thanksgiving due to the storm) it was great and really kicked the holiday feeling for me

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg Got the load of pine in, had to split some of the larger rounds, just over a cord

Status
Not open for further replies.