Got a small oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
Some pics of a small oak that fell in the woods last year. I think I've only counted about 20 oak trees on the property,......now, minus one.
0920121335.jpg 0920121335a.jpg0920121413.jpg
Got it bucked a couple days ago, and just need to s/s. It won't amount to much, but every little bit helps.
This will be for '14-'15.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
every little bit does help, do that much every week and you will have a dozen cords by the end of the year

Sometimes I hate you guys :).

I live next to 40 acres of wood or so, but only 1/3 of an acre is mine. It is all conservation land.

1 step at a time & it didn't cost you a dime :)

Reactions: PapaDave
Dave, that will keep you warm for a few of those cold nights...in a couple years. Was that one picture one of your paths in the woods?

Dennis, the path has been there, but I went through with the tractor to make it a bit easier to get these trees.
I might check a few of those splits next year, just for the heck of it.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.