Got a steal on chimney pipe...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Feb 10, 2006
I bought the 6" chimney pipe and cap for my englander 30 install yesterday. I got 4- 36" sections ($41 each) and 2 -12" sections ($22) of triple wall dura plus from home depot. I also picked up the cap for $20. I had a sweep give me an estimate on the whole job and he was charging $200 per 48" section of pipe, and $83 for the cap. his total estimate with all parts and pieces was around $2000 for a through the ceiling 12' chimney. He was a nice enough guy but the price of the pipe seemed excessive. I just saved $800 by purchasing the pipe myself. The guy I am going to have install it says that he has no problem installing my own pipe. He will warrenty the install but not the pipe.

Pook said:
is triple wall adequate for burning wood?

Most triple wall is OLD air-cooled pipe made for ZC open fireplaces.
He talking about DuraPlus which is an "all-fuel" UL 103 HT listed pipe. So yes it is adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.