Got a Task Force 5-ton for christmas...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeP

Mar 15, 2006
Northern NY
Got my christmas present from my mom early as she is going visit my sister in New Mexico for the holidays. Well I had to give it a try, went out and grabbed a couple rounds from the pile. Pretty impresseed so far, one of the peices was one that I had set aside when I was splitting with the "fake fiskars", after hitting it 7-8 times and was getting nowhere. Splitter grunted for a split second and it popped right open. Now, the wood is now frozen, and was fresh cut and the temp was in the 40's when hand splitting, but still. Obviously it will be slower on the easy to split stuff, but still quite a bit easier ;-) . Now I have got to build or buy some type of work table.

I recently bought a Ryobi 4 ton, does a good job for a little electric splitter, i have even cut some logs 20 inches in diameter, it grunted but put it through, To make things a little easier for me on shorter pieces that i split, i use different lengths of blocks of wood , so the spltter does not have to travel as far to the wedge, also i found an old metal desk and that is my stand for the splitter, hope these suggstions help, have a good one.

I have the Task Force and split nearly 2 cords of Oak and Maple this past Nov. I use it in my garage also to re-split some monster splits that are too big to load. Also splits kindling very easily. Enjoy

I can't say just how much I love my Ryobi. It really kicks ass. I think the Task Force one is identical - just a different style of paint. I'm a wood scrounger so take what I can get. The splitter goes through 99% of what I give it. I also use wood blocks to shorten the stroke, when needed.

Not sure about the Task Force but I am able to operate the momentary on button and the actuator lever with one hand so I can stabilize the split with the other hand. Really, really handy. I either use it in my garage (make kindling or bust of large splits as needed) or put it on my tailgate when I bring home a fresh load of wood. The tailgate height is perfect and I go through the wood pretty fast.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.