got a used pellet stove, pellets caked on auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

case310350

Dec 5, 2010
upstate
Got a used pellet stove, the pellets must have gotten wet as they were cked in the hopper. they came out in chunks, but not sure hoe to remove them from the auger, any tips? they are pretty hard.

Might help if you mention what brand and model of stove your dealing with.

Think what Bkins is getting at is related to your specific stove. The reality is you have to remove the auger and scrub it 'til it shines. No disrespect intended, but there are no general rules about used or new stoves to answer this question.

littlesmokey said:
.....The reality is you have to remove the auger and scrub it 'til it shines.....

Yep, that's the only way to be sure you got it all off the auger. While you have the auger out, clean the auger flight too.....

hello, I got an older breckwell p24 insert. I hope the auger is a 2 piece else it will be to long to pull out. I also need to fix the control board, although I think he keep blowing the fuse because the auger was stuck. what size should the fuse be?

Status
Not open for further replies.