Got DHW. tank complete [photos]

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie88

May 13, 2011
maine
Been working on a friends boiler for him,wanted to make a dhw tank heater out propane tank,came out ok will hook up soon,Used a 6o gal. tank with 5/8 soft copper type L for coile about 70feet.Have $227.00in it so far with all I bought. Tank cost me $57.00 at scrap yard.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: raybonz
On one tank I made before I brased them to black steel pipe ,on this one I used brass compression fitting from 3/4 pipe to 5/8OD fitting, I tested at 120lb, with air and soap to check for leaks.

Oh, on the compression fitting you have to drill them out with a 5/8 bit to slide the tubing threw them to where it should be

It looks like your doing a reverse indirect setup with boiler water in the tank and DHW in the coil. Looks GREAT!

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.