Got er out Zap!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
weekend started off good with this dead cherry...

DSC_0070.jpg

the other half is out in the driveway ;-)

loon

loon said:
weekend started off good with this dead cherry...

DSC_0070.jpg

the other half is out in the driveway ;-)

loon

I was expecting the tractor, :lol: nice size tree plus the dogs are having fun, good start.

zap

Looks good Loon, did you take the dog for a ride on the four wheeler.

zap

no we just got back to the house as the pair of them went missing and ended up down at the roads dept office ;-P

Loon, the worst part of the day here was the wind picked up which blew the snow off the trees but I managed one dead standing and one beech today.

zap

They just wanted another weekend in the woods, looks like they're having fun.

zap

ya just kidding around, they do run our house :p

will make up for it tomorrow as they're calling for sunny skies..

terry

Look like the four-letter word.....

SNOW ;-)

loon said:
whats this stuff gang?

picture isnt that great but this wood is dead and really green..thanks eh

loon

DSC09335.jpg
Is it Honey Locust? It sort of looks like it. Of course pictures are really hard to tell some times.

loon said:
will see if i can get a better picture today..

loon

Loon all the Maple you pulled out have you had time to buck it up?

Zap

didnt go back out lastnite for a better pic but my farmer buddy was talking to his neighbor 2 fields back at church yesterday and the fella asked leo if i wanted to clean up his 40 or so acre forest which has easily a couple thousand dead standing small elm :)

i was over there a couple years ago and noticed them standing but never inquired? this should keep me busy for a couple weekends :p

will take some better pictures this weekend...

DSC_0014.jpg

loon said:
didnt go back out lastnite for a better pic but my farmer buddy was talking to his neighbor 2 fields back at church yesterday and the fella asked leo if i wanted to clean up his 40 or so acre forest which has easily a couple thousand dead standing small elm :)

i was over there a couple years ago and noticed them standing but never inquired? this should keep me busy for a couple weekends :p

will take some better pictures this weekend...

DSC_0014.jpg

The Mother load, that should keep you real busy.

Zap

it is a very good scoop for sure :)

there's still lots of wood closer to home and i dont think i will put much of a dent in this for years even if i start now ;-P but will tractor down a very large old trailer which i will leave and start cutting the ones that dont need to be split and just start filling blocks.
they dont burn wood but the son/grandkids are avid hunters with tree stands and a foodplot so will do the work in the off seasons for courtesy

loon

Status
Not open for further replies.