Got heating oil delivered today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfarm

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
The price is so cheap that we really wanted to have a tank full in case. Prices like these wont last.

I called yesterday and he asked if we had enough to Make it until today. I said yes, we have about 10 gallons in the tank for the last 3 years.

What should we put in the tank to keep the fuel fresh for a few years?

Oil's been in the ground few million year's , whats a few more?:eek:, Worst enemy is moisture building in the tank, I've had 3/8 for 5 yr's until I added 100 gal month ago and am burning both during this cold spell, keeping pellet temp lower about a bag a day and use some oil.

Seeing these posts I have to chuckle remembering the doubts when I said back in September that oil prices were going to continue to keep going down through the first of the year.

The price is so cheap that we really wanted to have a tank full in case. Prices like these wont last.

I called yesterday and he asked if we had enough to Make it until today. I said yes, we have about 10 gallons in the tank for the last 3 years.

What should we put in the tank to keep the fuel fresh for a few years?

I have over a thousand gallons of heating oil on hand. I put a product called Biobor in my tank whenever I top off. It is a biocide that prevents a kind of algae that grows in the interface between any condensed water and the fuel.

http://www.biobor.com/products/biobor-jf-fuel-additives/

Dave

Both Shaffers and Amsoil make good fuel conditioners.

I had my oil on auto delivery. He came 2 weeks ago and put a total of 9 gallons! Tank is full from last yr. I felt bad that I forgot to call the oil guys to stop the auto delivery...

Reactions: bogieb
I had my oil on auto delivery. He came 2 weeks ago and put a total of 9 gallons! Tank is full from last yr. I felt bad that I forgot to call the oil guys to stop the auto delivery...

I would feel so bad too

Our oil guy even remembered us. From 3 yrs ago and had our address on file yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.