Got It Home, Husky 272 XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Well I was finally able to go pick the saw up today and got it home but still haven't been able to cut with it yet. I had my wife go pick it up and take the two photos of the saw without the bar for me and then send them to me at work....lol. Bad part is we are leaving on a camping trip tomorrow so it will probably be next week before I get to sink it into some down trees. O well here are the pics of what it looks like.

Looks to be in fantastic condition! How big is the bar, a 24" or 28"? Whatja pay for her? I just bought a 372XP last weekend, and I dropped 5 big trees with it already. LOVE IT!

Just got done firing it up. It starts on the second pull and runs great! Man it seems like this thing has some torque to it. I got it for $375 and the saw shop went through it really carefully to to bottom. It has a 28" bar and three chains. Can't wait to sink this thing into an old oak I have that's around 30" in diameter at the widest spot.

Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
VERY nice.... Once you use a mid-size or larger pro saw (of any brand),you'll be wishing you bought one sooner.

Reactions: amateur cutter
That's a nice saw @ a good price! Well done. A C

Good price.
Hang on! :)

Real clean saw, Full wrap handle too.

Seems as if it's having an identity crisis? ;) Those decals are wiped clean too!

Reactions: Realstone
Looks like it has several new parts which is nice. If you really want to make it look sharp, both of the original recoil and clutch cover stickers are still available.

VERY nice.... Once you use a mid-size or larger pro saw (of any brand),you'll be wishing you bought one sooner.
Amen on that! Best thing I ever did was pony up the bucks for a real saw. Worst thing was to have processed as much as I did with a wannabe saw. Effeciency is the key as time is tough to manufacture.

Wow! That thing is awesome!! Congratulations!!!

Ok, This saw is incredible! I have been cutting a bunch of wood with it is crazy wicked fast compared to anything else I have ever used! Here is a picture of an oak tree I started on yesterday. This tree has been standing dead on my property for years and is still hard all the way through. I have never had or known anyone with a saw around here that is big enough to get all the way through this thing. I tried a 20" bar on it one time and cut from both sides and still couldn't get through it so I left it alone. Needless to say it is very dry and cuts hard but with this 272 XP I can still put leverage on the bar even when it is buried as deep as I can get it and it just cuts with no bogging down or stopping. Holy crap I can only imagine what it will be like with a 20" bar. I wish I had bought a saw like this years ago! :)

The only problem I have had with it so far is it like to rattle the muffler bolts loose but I'm gonna put a stop to that as soon as I get to to the hardware store.....==c

Status
Not open for further replies.