Got lucky and upgraded my Englander 13nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuigi

Jan 24, 2010
North East PA
I gad a 13 NC istalled in my stone farm house. Its sitting in a walk in fireplace (all Stone). It heated well except it never went the full night. Yeah there were coals to start a new day, but I did some research and decided the larger model 30 NC would probably work better. I saw that Homedepot.com had it for $1039.00 and I called my local store. They had it for $999.00. I got to the store this AM and they had a floor model that was missing the springs for the handles and they had a new one boxed in the warehouse. Naturally I went for the boxed one. When they pulled it off the shelf, they noticed that a bird had built a nest in the carton and had used the tray under the door as a bathroom. They offered me 10 % off. $999.00 became $900.00. I had a 10 percent off coupon from Lowes which they took and that brought me to $810. I think that was a great deal and am sitiing here super toasty with my new 30 blazing away. I gues it is good luck when a bird craps on you. :)

:)
Cool! Congrats! What you gonna do with the 13? Keep a spare?

1/3 of the house is a rental unit. I gave my tenants the 13 and finally retired the ole Franklin.

Two deserves a shirt.

Attachments

• englander t shirt.jpg
    englander t shirt.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 311
Thanks for the shirt. I shall wear it with pride.

stuigi said:
I gad a 13 NC istalled in my stone farm house. Its sitting in a walk in fireplace (all Stone). It heated well except it never went the full night. Yeah there were coals to start a new day, but I did some research and decided the larger model 30 NC would probably work better. I saw that Homedepot.com had it for $1039.00 and I called my local store. They had it for $999.00. I got to the store this AM and they had a floor model that was missing the springs for the handles and they had a new one boxed in the warehouse. Naturally I went for the boxed one. When they pulled it off the shelf, they noticed that a bird had built a nest in the carton and had used the tray under the door as a bathroom. They offered me 10 % off. $999.00 became $900.00. I had a 10 percent off coupon from Lowes which they took and that brought me to $810. I think that was a great deal and am sitiing here super toasty with my new 30 blazing away. I gues it is good luck when a bird craps on you. :)

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but . . . you went to Home Depot and they accepted a Lowe's 10% off coupon? In either case, congrats on the nice savings.

Yeah, I read a lot of posts on this forum and others that in most cases HD will accept Lowes as long as the date is still good. I LOVE this new stove

Congrats on the stove. I like what Stuigi wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.