Got my 2 cords of "seasoned wood" delivered yesterday...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
basswidow said:
k3c4forlife said:
I live in Andover... There are a lot of NJ people on here. Since this is my first year and we are on a pretty strict budget I figured 2 cords would be enough to make it through the harshest part of the winter. I have sweatshirts for March and April ;-)

You looking to trade any? or a scrounging partner?

Kevin

Can't complain about this weather - pretty mild for November / December. We haven't even gone through a face cord yet.

Sorry, I don't have any to trade - I will need all the seasoned wood that I have and may need to buy some (arg). But I will keep you in mind for scrounging for sure - especially if I hit something that is more than I need or can handle. Last nights wind should have brought down some trees! Man what a storm. I have seen a few trees that look good in the vacinity of Lake Aeroflex - but I am not sure who to contact about cutting them. They are in the woods lake side west of the entrance - it may be airport property ? I am sure someone will get them. I am using a 16 inch saw - so if I see anything big - I will give you a shout. I am almost done with next years wood. I'd like to get about 4 more pick ups full. Then again, I hate to pass up any free wood.

Basswidow, may have a good scrounge on Saturday, let me know if you're available.

Make provisions for drying your own wood! It should be enough that someone else cut, split and delivered your wood. The least you can do is to buy ahead and have a place to store it.

Jeeze these city people! LOL.

Definitely not city people... I bought my house a month ago tomorrow... Kind of hard to season ahead of time when you move in 2 weeks before the start of the burning season.

Status
Not open for further replies.