Got my 300 bags of heat today!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedidiah578

Oct 16, 2011
West Michigan
Picked up 6 TONS of pellets today! Made 2 runs with the big 3/4 ton burban, got them all stacked & the sweet aroma is filling the garage as I type this. Ended up deciding on 4 tons of Somersets & 2 tons of Uncle jeds. Cant wait to try them out since Ive never had pellets of this caliber before.

Without pics it didnt happen so here you go......
Pic 1. first load 1 ton somersets 2 tons Uncle jeds
Pic 2 second load of 3 tons somersets before unloading.
Pic 3 All 6 tons stacked & ready for that cold crap from Canada to head our way.

100_5257.JPG100_5254.JPG100_5258.JPG

Reactions: smoke show
nice haul,Jed...we love the somersets,never tried the uncle jeds..........enjoy!!

nice job. I have Somerset envy! love those buggars and as soon as I can find em, I'll buy em.

Slowly buying my pellets... 2 tons so far.. getting more in Oct ... need at least 4 tons to get through mid March ... 1 more ton to get through the end of april ..

+1 for Somersets. Where did you score those? Price? I'm in S.W. MI (South Haven area). I can usually find them at Menard's but haven't seen them there yet this season. Never tried the Jeds.

I'm waiting to Lowes to either get more Greene Teams in or they are also expecting some Somersets also in the next month. Somersets should be around 175 a ton/ :)

I'm waiting to Lowes to either get more Greene Teams in or they are also expecting some Somersets also in the next month. Somersets should be around 175 a ton/ :)
I've never burned Greene Teams. Which do you prefer between Green Teams and Somersets, letsblaze?

We burned Jed's last winter - we really liked them.

+1 for Somersets. Where did you score those? Price? I'm in S.W. MI (South Haven area). I can usually find them at Menard's but haven't seen them there yet this season. Never tried the Jeds.

I ended up going to Smart Energy Solutions in Grant. Paid 249 a ton for Uncle Jeds & 219 for the Somersets. I did alot of calling around & price checking Someone suggested corn energy for pellets but the prices were the same this year.

I had a hard time deciding on buying the somersets at the 219 price or not. I called the lowes on plainfield & the 1 by me in muskegon because last year i got a few bags of Greenways there & really liked them. but they told me they never know what brand of pellet the next load comming in will be because they sell them all under the same generac upc code. I really wanted to wait it out & see if they got a good brand in since all of them in the area seem to have junk right now. But i figured thats exactly what everyone else thats serious about pellets are doing also & since I dont own the trailer I used I figured I would probably miss out on it.

We burned Jed's last winter - we really liked them.

I hope theyre as good as everyone makes them sound. I will be relying on them in the dead of winter.

1 thing that surprised me was the noticeable weight difference in the bags of somersets. Even my 8yo Daughter that was "helping" me stack them noticed a few that were heavier than the rest.

You wont be disappointed with the Somersets. They are the Hottest Pellet here in my area. Greene Teams Greene Golds and Pro Pellets are pretty Good... But nothing compares to Somersets in my area. No Jeds here though. But also no complaints about "Sets" here or anywhere for that matter. They seem to be comparable to Turmans and Hamers as far as quality, heat, and consistency.

In 4 yrs of burning, they are one of the few pellets to always look, smell, and heat the same (I keep a small zip-lock baggie of each brand, every year. Yeah its stupid, but you would be surprised how different in color, length, etc)

I pay 219 for my Somersets as well..

Will be following up with lowes in the next few days to see if the somersets have came in yet.
I will post as soon as I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.