Got my 4th and last cord yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazingly it was right on the money. Got it stacked in 4 hours today. My first cord took me 6 hours to put up. The seller informed me that he has stopped taking orders even though he has wood. He say's he is going to wait until fall before he sells again. Thinks he can get $350 a cord. Is this greed or capitalism? At any rate this mindset will drive the price of cordwood up. I did see in the newspaper today that natural gas wants a 20% increase with a warning that it will most likely need another increase before the heating season is over.

It is a very good feeling to see your whole heating season paid for and sitting there...Bring on the cold.

JPapiPE whatever the customer is willing to pay is what the true value of anything is worth.

C/Sing wood for sale, when it's all about production is really hard work. If you want a deal just keep reading the Pennysaver or looking at those notices at local gas and grocery stores. Cause around here when guys get laid off a lot of them cut wood to enhance their unemployment ins...they can undercut pro dealers cause they don't have the same legitimate business expenses.

I'm thinking you could probably get wood for a little more than half of what you're paying now...it'll just be green wood. If you can keep buying deals on green wood to put up you'll still save tons of dough. Figure it this way...your heating requirements aren't going away next year are they? And trust me once you get used to being warm you're not likely to give up on the wood lifestyle.

Rumor has it wood is getting scarce in them mountains bub! :roll:
I know a nice lady who has a "winter place" in Kingfield who tells me wood is getting hard to find at any price. Imagine that. All those forested hills.
So glad I've got my three cord drying. Weather has helped immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.