1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Got my Barefoots--6 tons

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Souzafone, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souzafone

Souzafone Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    Delivered Friday, put them in the basement Sunday. Managed to put 1 1/2 tons on each
    pallet, the cellar stairs are surrounded on both sides by Mt. Pellet. A couple of observations on the bags, they had a production date of 06/08 on all of them and these bags are of much thinner plastic than I've received in past years from other manufacturers. Every bag has marks from what I'm guessing to be a conveyor belt where they actually made small holes in about 1/3 of the them, also the seam where the bag is sealed popped open very easy. Not a big deal overall, just a PITA taping everything, and handling everything gently. If you get any of these, I would inspect upon delivery for bleeders.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Great. How is your back? Me and my Assistant did 9 tons before noon about a month ago.

*********Please do not tell anyone this but I have a SECRET cure for "Pellet-Back". Are you ready for this? Like I said, "Top Secret". I did extensive research in this and have found that a cold object in the right hand helps to relieve the pain in your lower back. The best cold object I found was a 12 oz can of BEER. Sometimes it does help to continue the therapy for a few hours.**********

Eric
  3. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    Will a cold glass bottle do the same?
  4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Just when you thought you had something beat.......... I will have to do more research, arhhhhhhhhhg!

Eric
  5. Souzafone

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    The bottles can definitely be substituted, although it may be necessary to continue this for several days. More research is necessary.
  6. oc4man

oc4man New Member

Loc:
    Dartmouth,MA
    Souzafone where in this area did you find the barefoots ?
  7. Souzafone

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    Ordered from pelletsdirect.com before your stove was installed, $244/ton delivered. When they called a couple of weeks ago to confirm the delivery date they said they had "plenty" of them. I don't know if it's ok to post their phone # here, but drop me a PM if you need it.
  8. bobm33

bobm33 Member

Loc:
    southeastern ct
    That's a great price delivered. I was on their website and they now list $269.00 per ton but I assuming that did not include delivery. Have you burned those Barefoot pellets in the past? Thanks for the report
  9. lecomte38

lecomte38 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Mass
    The bags on my Barefoot's also have the conveyor marks, not quite holes but 2 lines of dimples up the back of the bags and the top seal is poor.
  10. Souzafone

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    I've tried them before and they burned well with low ash, but I realize that they can change from year to year. They've gotten high marks here from others in the past also. When I ordered they had a flat $90 delivery fee, so I spread it out over as much as I could store in the basement.
  11. in-control

in-control New Member

Loc:
    Central Ma
    I paid $269/Ton plus a $70(total) delivery fee from Pellets direct for a December delivery. Which works well for me as I am still waiting for my Qaudra-Fire Mt Vernon.
  12. lecomte38

lecomte38 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Mass
    I finally got around to e-mailing Barefoot about the holes in the bags.This was the answer:

"This is standard procedure the automated bag line punches these holes in to let air out after the bag is sealed. If we didn’t do this step our bag would look like potato chip bags and would burst during the stacking on pallets."

----- Original Message -----
  13. j00fek

j00fek Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Auburn, Maine
    6 tons, are you heating an industrial building?
  14. CygnusX1

CygnusX1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    Another way to cure "Pellet Back" is to bribe 3 friends with pizza and beer. The 4 of us made short work of hauling 5 tons of pellets into my cellar.
  15. Souzafone

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    With my friends I'd end up broke and drunk, and possibly in jail.
  16. imacman

imacman Guest

But at least the pellets would be stacked..... :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.