Got My Energy Tax Credit and Largest Refund Ever

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
I got my $1434 energy tax credit for this Pellet Stove Stove and Hearth installation Jan 6, 2009. I also got $1100 Sales Tax deduction for a new car in 2009. I am in my 50s and I got my largest Federal income tax refund ever this year. Next year I am thinking about going solar and replacement windows. The hard working middle class wage earner is finally getting some tax relief. Its about time.

advance-callout.jpg

If it wasn't for the tax credit I would of had to pay $1500. I broke even, you did good.

Enjoy it while you can, next year (this year) all rates across the board are scheduled to increase.

Hot_h20 said:
Enjoy it while you can, next year (this year) all rates across the board are scheduled to increase.
Sounds like something you heard on fox news or talk radio. There is so much misinformation out there by major news sources you have to be very careful what to believe. Personally, I will believe that when I see it. If your right I will take appropriate action. I hope your wrong.

I also got my largest tax refund ever, at 49 yrs old. I had a small ($630) energy credit. But my large refund was for education, two sons in college. Been bitching for years about this. The refund was almost double last years. Total federal was $8600. Bought a car, got rid of the old Cavalier with 172,000 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.