Got my first burn of the season! Any other new injuries out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried splitting a long round on my electric splitter. It got stuck on the wedge when I pulled it off it popped off jamming my pinky into the ram.
The tip is red the nail may make it, not too bad.

You have no idea how glad I am to hear that this is not just a newbie thing! Here is what I've learned since I got my wood stove this year: Remember to remove your hand/fingers from underneath the large split of wood BEFORE you drop it onto your stack of wood. A wood stove is HOT. Touching the door or inner walls will BURN you. Birch will give you splinters. Injuries sustained this year: one dinged fingernail, one burn on thumb, one burn on wrist, several splinters and a collection of colorful bruises. I wear these all like badges of honor. :)

woodsprite said:
You have no idea how glad I am to hear that this is not just a newbie thing! Here is what I've learned since I got my wood stove this year: Remember to remove your hand/fingers from underneath the large split of wood BEFORE you drop it onto your stack of wood. A wood stove is HOT. Touching the door or inner walls will BURN you. Birch will give you splinters. Injuries sustained this year: one dinged fingernail, one burn on thumb, one burn on wrist, several splinters and a collection of colorful bruises. I wear these all like badges of honor. :)

Get a pair of welder's gloves, then the burns will move up to your forearm!

Status
Not open for further replies.