Got my first electric bill since gettng the insert....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John97

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2011
Spring Hill, FL
Between the somewhat mild winter and burning pellets, my electric usage is 1/2 of what it was last year for the same blling period (12/18-1/18).

I am quite happy.

I am in the same boat.. except PPL doubled their rates so I pay the same :coolmad:

I'm in the process of going solar. PPA has been signed, engineering is done, they're applying for permits last week. Tree guy is coming to take down 8 trees in my front yard. Can't wait. I went with sunrun in california.

I wanted to add...it costs about as much to run a pellet stove for a month as to run a 100 watt lightbulb 24x7x365.

mr coffee said:
I am in the same boat.. except PPL doubled their rates so I pay the same :coolmad:

Yeah, that's basically how it is here. My all-electric and off-peak discounts are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.