Got my Lignetics....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cac4

Jul 11, 2008
Essex County, MA
Hope they're as good as everyone says they are. Here's a pic, just to prove that it did actually happen...

(got another ton to move inside tomorrow.

Attachments

• lignetics (Custom).jpg
    lignetics (Custom).jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 752
hope you can get more, once you go lignetics you won't go back... ;-)

nope, never used them before, but on everyone's (or, nearly everyone's) good recommendation, I thought I'd go for it.

Got another stack, just like this one. (or at least I will have, when I move the rest of them in).

3 tons, which is what I used last year.

They are a great pellet. Burnt a couple tons last year and found them to have little ash and high BTU. Have a ton to use up this year, already started the burn.

Like Chrisasst said..... once you go Lignetics.... it's hard to go back to something else..... bought 3 tons end of last season and another 3 tons this fall..... should be good for a couple of months... :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 656
How much did you spend? I saw them at the Agway near buy and picked up a bag for $6.99. so I was a bit shocked. I think there was a significant discount for buying a ton. I think it was $299/ton.

Let us know how you like them. We sold them for a while when we couldnt get enough PA pellets and folks seemed to like them just fine

I didnt have a great season with Lignetics last year. I bought them late in Jan and I dont know if I just got a bad batch or what. Alot of ash didnt burn as clean as the ones I got earlier in the year. I bought 4 tons of cleanfire from pellets sales. I hope I didnt make a mistake

i bought a bag to try bag in august....results were unreal, so i called them up and ordered 4 tons. been burnin them on and off for a few weeks now and it isn't the same. very dirty more ash then the trial bag and can't seem to keep em burning on low settings. i get the inferno, to a smothered out fire to an inferno which i know isn't good but what can i do.

I wonder if they have some fiber issues this year? Some mills lost there sawdust source and had to scramble to find other sources. Quality may be from that issue. I burned both Lignetics(soft and hard) and had great results. I wasn't able to find any this year.

Hemi, Contact the dealer you purchased them from, Tell him there not burning all that well in your stove. If there a good dealer they will work with you. Maybe trade them out fro somethng else?

Just a thought.
jay

Bought a ton of Liggys at ACE hardware in Northboro. Paid 299 ton....... significant discount for ton.
Burns clean and doesnt build up on glass as much as other pellets.
Seems to be low ash also
Into bag number 3 today so its a "fast opinion" but Ive been burning for 5 years so Im used to the qualities of other brands
And this is low a glass deposit at a number 1 setting (out of 5)

jtakeman said:
....I burned both Lignetics(soft and hard) and had great results. I wasn't able to find any this year.......

Me too, but i did find that the same place that I bought a ton of the hardwood from last year (True Value Hardware) at $239/ton, has them again this year, but I'm not paying $299/ton for any pellet unless there's nothing else available.....that's the beauty of having a multi-fuel stove, and the reason behind buying it....you can burn less-than-desirable pellets in a pinch.

EDIT: Forgot to mention what an IDIOT (and newb) I was back then not buying as many tons as I could get my hands on.

Lignetics are excellent pellets, burned 198 bags last year with no complaints. Could not get my hands on any this year so I purchased Barefoots. So far those have been as good if not better but now I am spoiled. I would buy either brand again without any hesitation.

Glad people are saying good things about them picked up mine for $235 a ton, only got two ton because I already bought 4 ton of Michigan and had a ton of Dry Creek and a few random bags of other brands left from last year.

Lignetics is all I burn.

pellets.jpg

Burned those early last year,bought at Canadian tire Corp for $4.99/Bag. Didn,t really like them at all,they were Hotter but very very dirty.Softwood for me all the way,would never pay extra cash for Hardwood pellets,i feel Softwood are superior in my opinion.(was surprised to find out Maine Woods were hardwood,or so the salesman told me at least,wasn,t willing to spend $6 to compare them again from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.