got my makita saw today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1970

Apr 14, 2007
I picked up a makita saw from Home Depot rental dept today. There was two saws for sale both model 6401. I asked him If he was buying a saw which one he would pick. He grabed one and said it was recently serviced and it comes with a brand new bar and a brand new chain on it. I asked hin why does it need a new bar? He said it doesn't but Home Depot is no longer going to rent this model saw any longer. He said The saw was to big and over powering for most home owners and they are getting rid of all parts for that model. He also gave me 3 new chains still in the package, 2 spark plug wrenches, 5 spark plugs and a gallon of bar oil. He gave me a few tips on the saw and I thanked him and and gladly gave him $150.00 and was on my way. I am going to use it tomorrow and see hoe well it cut some oak.

How does it feel to hit the lottery?

I will tell you after I use it for a couple of days. I didn't get any paperwork with the saw I will need to find a repair manual for it.

Jackpot! That should be a great saw for you and all the extra goodies are a great bonus.

Mattg,

What is your location? Maybe the rest of the Hearth faithful would like to get in on the HD blowout of used saws!!! Where did you find it?

Hi GUys,

I was at my local HD last week and they do not rent anything at all anymore. The entire rental department is gone and replaced with a Pro shop. I asked about all the rental stuff and they said employees had first dibs and then they had an auction and basically everything went to the local Taylor rental store.

So my fellow people here did not have the opportunity MattG had.

Thanks

Carpniels

Sorry it took so long to reply. I live in south east mass. I went by HD this morning for a few things and look to see if they had any saws left and the employee said the sold the last one to someone who works there.

I've never even seen a rental department in any HD I've been to...the only thing I've ever seen is the F-450 they rent out to people to get thier lumber home with.

Status
Not open for further replies.