Got my new stove going...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
............in the back garage /workshop.
Looks great. No problems at all. So far so good. I was using that old Franklin stove (it`s sold) in the second pic but it roasted me out and took too much of my time to regulate and keep it going, not to mention the laborious wood routine.
I ran it for 6 hrs full tilt , glass stayed clean and temps were comfortable and the stove wasn`t overfired at all. Compared to my Harman P-38 it isn`t any noisier.
The concrete floor is an alaskan slab , colder than a witches teat and sucks the heat up real fast. It wasn`t really bitter cold today but the best I could do was 62 degrees . With a sweater on it was just fine when working or just puttering but I`d like to get a little more heat from it. I`ll have to tinker with it more I suppose.

Yes, I got pictures.

Attachments

• P1030437.jpg
    P1030437.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 273
  • P1030438.jpg
    P1030438.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 353
Looks good Gio. Are those CleanFires & Pres To Logs I see stacked-up on the left? What did you start out burning in the stove?

Looks like Green Supreme bags.....good pellet to christen the stove with ;-)

macman said:
Looks good Gio. Are those CleanFires & Pres To Logs I see stacked-up on the left? What did you start out burning in the stove?

macman, you got good eyes!

Nice Gio, Looks warm and toasty in there now!

macman said:

I`m burning the remainder of Heartland brand made in Spearfish SD. $315 a ton delivered from the local lumberyard. They are OK I guess but we are at the mercy and in the clutches of a den of thieves up here in Berkshire county.
Wal mart and HD have em cheaper but the brands don`t appeal to me , such as Pennington`s.
I got a couple ton of Green Supremes in that stack too. I`ll be burning them in a week or two.

tinkabranc said:
Looks like Green Supreme bags.....good pellet to christen the stove with ;-)

Yep, Green Supremes from last year. You got eagle eyes!

jtakeman said:
macman said:

macman, you got good eyes!

Nice Gio, Looks warm and toasty in there now!

Hi Jay,
Not as toasty as with that old Franklin though. I used to have to lift the overhead door 4 " to cool it off. It went thru wood like grant took Richmond.

Gio said:
............in the back garage /workshop.
Looks great. No problems at all. So far so good. I was using that old Franklin stove (it`s sold) in the second pic but it roasted me out and took too much of my time to regulate and keep it going, not to mention the laborious wood routine.
I ran it for 6 hrs full tilt , glass stayed clean and temps were comfortable and the stove wasn`t overfired at all. Compared to my Harman P-38 it isn`t any noisier.
The concrete floor is an alaskan slab , colder than a witches teat and sucks the heat up real fast. It wasn`t really bitter cold today but the best I could do was 62 degrees . With a sweater on it was just fine when working or just puttering but I`d like to get a little more heat from it. I`ll have to tinker with it more I suppose.

Yes, I got pictures.

It's amazing how much the cold concrete sucks up the heat. sometimes a mild weather day or a couple days of heat can take the sting out of the cold crete. anyways looks good. jealous cuz i don't have heat in the shop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.