Got my P43 installed today (pics added)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

siriustock

Dec 2, 2010
Saginaw Mi.
Well i installed my Harman P43 today and have been burning since 7:30 tonight. Works great its now 75 in the house. I have noticed a lot of build up or ash on the ledges and bottom of the stove is this normal? I had the feed setting at 4 thats what the manual says but now i turned it down to 2 dont know if this is right....I am totally new to this any help would be great.

siriustock said:
I have noticed a lot of build up or ash on the ledges and bottom of the stove is this normal?

Yes

I had the feed setting at 4 thats what the manual says but now i turned it down to 2 dont know if this is right....

Set it at about 3 - 3.5 & see how it works. You want to have it set so there's about 1" of ash on the forward edge of the burnpot

I am totally new to this any help would be great.

You've got a good little furnace there. It'll take a week or two to figure out how to run it to meet your needs. You don't hafta adjust the feed rate too much unless you change pellet brands...

i leave my feed rate on 4........simply because i didnt see any difference in the way the stove ran no matter what number it was set at.....i run in stove mode and thats the only dial i ever play around with....good luck with you new stove your gonna love it

What? No pics?
Never happened ;-)

Congrats on your new stove...Enjoy!

If it was me, id never install a stove BELOW a TV. All the pellet DUST, lus the heat currents, could be looking at problems down the road, IMHO.

Nice looking install. I installed a P43 on the same day, but got you beat by 2 and a half hours on the burn time! So how is it working out for you? I ran mine in stove temp mode and feed rate of 3 till late at night then went up to 4. Works great and stays 74-78 degrees. This morning I decided to try out the room temp mode and set it for 75 degrees and let it go all day. Seems like it is going to use less pellets and I do less adjusting, and temp stays right where set.I think I like it better and will let you know more in a couple days.

Am I missing something on the feed rate. The setting is for max feed rate. So setting it at 4 burn it at stove temp setting over six and you should have at least an inch of ash on the edge. If you have less turn the rate down some if you have more you can dial it up. If you are running your stove at stove temp setting 3 does it matter what your max feed rate is set to? If the tested max feed rate is 4.5 and you set it to 3, does it mater? My question is why dial down the max feed rate? Can't you just set it correctly and turn the stove temp dial down down? What's the benefit? sorry for the ramble my treadmill window is closing!!!! gotta go

Its been working great i have mine set at 70 and the house is around 72. when we where running our furnace it was set at 65 so it does feel nice and warm now. As far as the TV above the stove i have not noticed and more dust then normal and the wall behind the stove does not get warm and i don't think the TV would get any warmer in a diff. spot in the room. This is my 5th day running the stove and i put my 7th bag in this morning and i still have almost half a hopper full so im using about a bag and a 1/4 a day..not to bad.

Welcome and congrats! Very nice looking set up you have there! Enjoy :exclaim:

Status
Not open for further replies.